CB Static on 2014 Ultra Classic Limited

Started by harleypapa, October 19, 2018, 11:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleypapa

Guys, I hope someone can help me here.  I have a 2014 Ultra Classic Limited.  My CB radio has excessive static only on incoming transmissions.  Outgoing according to my fellow riders is crystal clear.  The module has been changed out.  If I shut the engine off the static goes away.  I replaced spark plugs and wires.  I changed out the headset and checked
all my grounds in the tour pak and in the front fairing.  I am not sure where to go next.  Any suggestions.

SixShooter14

Howdy and welcome to the forum from Arkansas.

You will probably find more help in the Audio or  General Technical sections. Good luck.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

GaryD

I had a lot of problems with my 2014 TG's CB. We replaced EVERYTHING - from antenna to head unit. Finally the tech checked with someone in Wisconsin and they told him to switch the AM/FM switch on the unit. I don't know what the AM/FM switch has to do with the CB, but it worked. I was told that there is a switch in the computer program (AM/FM?) not the radio switch. I'm completely challenged when it comes to electrical crap so if this doesn't make sense to you - I'm sorry.   :up:  good luck
AMA Life Mbr.
USMC VietNam 66-67 3rd Tnk. Bat

HotRodShovel

Greetings and welcome.  Check out the appropriate forum and you will surely get some help.  Cheers
Sometimes life is like trying to share a sandwich with Rosie O'Donnell. 
John