May 04, 2024, 01:32:08 AM

News:

Suburban Speed 117 kit for CVO 110

Started by bteski, November 17, 2018, 12:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bteski

Since we are getting things back together after Hurricane Michael (63" of salt water in my shop office & the building half destroyed) I want to get back to my 2015 CVO Road Glide modifications. I want to increase the cubic inches & have been looking @ 113 & 117 options. Heads will be done by WFO Larry & should be 95cc from what I understand. I've looked @ the Harley 117 option but the compression is lower than what I want & I don't want to cut the heads so either a 117 with the right pistons or similar with a 113. Tb is an SE 58mm with 5.3 injectors, FM 2-1-2 & Kuryakyn Crusher mellows or regulars I have both. Air cleaner is up in the air, Tilley wants $274.00 plus shipping for their + 1". Tuner will probably be a TTS.

Has anyone used the Suburban Speed bolt on 117 cylinder & piston kit to make a Harley 110 into a 117 using the Harley cylinders & Mahle pistons. I'm curious how this setup has worked for the people that have done it. Like everyone I'm also curious about the longevity of the cylinders with the steel not cast liners.
This is from their website.
New from Suburban Speed 117 high compression 6.6cc piston & cylinder kit. Turn your Screamin' Eagle 110 into a 117 without boring the cases, We worked with Mahle Motorsports and came up with a reliable piston & cylinder combination using the new Screamin' Eagle cylinders, Pistons have a 6.6cc dome to give you 10.7 to 1 compression ratio using a .040 head gasket and come with coated skirts, ring grooves and pin bores, Kit also comes with 4.125 Cometic head gaskets.

I talked to Rick in the speedshop & he told me all of the compression values were figured with the pistons .005 in the hole not zero deck. The compression is a little higher than I was going to do so I might look @ different cam choices, Originally I was looking for 10.5 to 1 to use with the TW777's I have. With the higher compression I would probably use my TR590's. The other cams of interest are the GMR 600 & the Wood TW999.  This is a heavy bike & I'm looking for as much torque down low as I can get but still run out to 6000 when needed.
Thanks Bob

My friend says having a fast Harley is like being the smartest kid in summer sch

boooby1744

Look at page 3 in the dyno section. 110 Cvo flhxse with an SE drop on kit. 0 decked and very little off the heads might be what you're lookin for.

scott7d

I did the suburban speed 117"/Mahle 6.6cc combo in Sept of 2017. Put 25,000 trouble free miles on it in about every condition imaginable. Used WFO Larry heads with some work to hit around 11:1.

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=100850.msg1183722#msg1183722
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

bteski

Scott7d that's really nice it should be a lot of fun to ride, what are you doing for rocker arms in that build, Have you done compression & leakdown to see how everything is holding up. In this project I'm wanting to keep it a little simpler staying @ or under .600 lift although that 630i cam is interesting. My batwing with the 124 has a Woods 9f @ 11.8 compression.
Thank you
Bob
My friend says having a fast Harley is like being the smartest kid in summer sch

scott7d

Honestly couldn't tell ya on the rocker arms or those tests. It's in the shop for a few changes at the moment, but not because anything went wrong.

At ~11:1, the bike cranked over at 195/195. This same builder has been using 595 cams from the same company in the 10.8 range, and cranking around ~200/200. Those may be worth checking into based on your post.

Sorry I couldn't give you quantitative info on my build. I just know it scoots around as good as the day it got out of surgery.
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

Tail Ridr

:agree: The CR595 may just be what you're looking for...
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

planemech

rigidthumper

Dave Stoddard used a Harley drop on 117 flat top kit with a TTS150 cam that made 110 TQ at 2K, 131 TQ at 3800.
PLenty of two up torque, and only 10.25 CR.  Mellows were slightly better everywhere. [smg id=3361]
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Tail Ridr

Could easily live with that... :chop: What's the intake close on the 150? What was used other than Mellows?

Tail Ridr

Quote from: Tail Ridr on November 18, 2018, 11:47:05 AM
Could easily live with that... :chop: What's the intake close on the 150? What was used other than Mellows?
* Went back through and re-read :doh:...I see regular Crushers