May 02, 2024, 12:57:26 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Bone head mistake

Started by jrgreene1968, March 31, 2019, 04:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rockout Rocker Products

Way back in HS auto shop.... watched a guy with a VW bug up on the lift with the driver's door open. Proceeded to lower the car..... with a big roll around diagnostic center under the door  :dgust:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Hossamania

That must have been exciting for everyone around!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

jmorton10

I used to be a flat-rate Chevy mechanic.

At one point, I almost got into a fist fight with the service manager who was a raging a-hole.

I came back from lunch one day & they had towed in a 1970 SS 454 Chevelle with both the motor & 4 speed Muncie trans apart in the trunk.  I go to the service manager & ask him WTF am I supposed to do with this??

He tells me, just put it together & get it running.  I told him fine, I will do that but we are throwing the flat-rate book out the window -if it takes me 2 weeks to sort/check out all the parts & then reassemble it all I'm getting paid for 2 weeks of labor.  He's like "that's not how it works, you know that!!".

I actually got to the point that I drove my truck in to load up all my Snap-On tool boxes & go down the road when the owner of the car walked in.  He realized what was going on & said to me "I took this thing all apart & then realized I was way in over me head when it came to reassembling the thing LOL".

He told me "screw that a-hole service manager, I'll pay you in cash whatever the job takes to get it running". He was a GREAT GUY so I said sure we can work with that & that's what we did.  It was a super bad-ass car when I got done with it & the kid was ecstatically happy with it.  I had made some hot-rod mods to it when assembling it & it was a rocket.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

TXChop

Happens to everyone. Lately, i have been using a sharpie  to mark off bolts and taking pictures. I have pics of timing marks on every cam job i have ever done since 2002. Well since i had to do one of them twice in 2002.

doctorevil

OMG glad to know i am not the only one with a sharpie and a paint pen in my shirt pocket. No guessing where i left off when the phone rings or everbody drops in.