April 19, 2024, 10:05:50 AM

News:

FXR 124" twin cam

Started by nosjunkie, November 25, 2018, 12:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosjunkie

Got some rotors and skins for the rims....
[attach=0]
[attach=1]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

Motor is in the hole... Its on like Donkey Kong now... lol..
[attach=0]
[attach=1]
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

Tank is from a 02 road king I think... Im going to split it down the middle and take about 3/4 of an inch out of the width... them do some other mods to it...
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

Deye76

ALL the good stuff going into this. What's wrong with the cast front wheel (mounted)? Looks wise, I think it's more than acceptable.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

nosjunkie

Quote from: Deye76 on October 25, 2019, 04:36:57 AM
ALL the good stuff going into this. What's wrong with the cast front wheel (mounted)? Looks wise, I think it's more than acceptable.

It doesnt match the rear... LOL... the rotor spacing was for a 207mm fork center. I am using the 214mm. so it would require spacers... I couldnt find any.. and didnt feel like making them for a wheel I didnt really like.
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

farmall

October 30, 2019, 08:02:30 PM #105 Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 09:31:28 PM by FSG
Quote from: nosjunkie on December 30, 2018, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: Deye76 on December 30, 2018, 12:08:46 PM
Quote from: nosjunkie on December 16, 2018, 06:48:21 PM
Reamed out the trans hole for the pivot bolt and added a bronze bushing.
[attach=0,msg1272120]  [attach=1,msg1272120]

Does the bushing go the entire length?
Yes...

What outside diameter was the reamer and do you have a bushing part number or dimensions if you turned your own?

nosjunkie

The reamer was 7/8" and the bushings were obviously 7/8"x 3/4" it took two of them.
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

klammer76

Quote from: farmall on October 30, 2019, 08:02:30 PM
Quote from: nosjunkie on December 30, 2018, 01:18:37 PM
Quote from: Deye76 on December 30, 2018, 12:08:46 PM
Quote from: nosjunkie on December 16, 2018, 06:48:21 PM
Reamed out the trans hole for the pivot bolt and added a bronze bushing.
[attach=0,msg1272120]  [attach=1,msg1272120]

Does the bushing go the entire length?
Yes...

What outside diameter was the reamer and do you have a bushing part number or dimensions if you turned your own?
Beautiful work. Just put in third set of swing arm bearings in my 2002 FLH. Always amazed how much lay is in the swing arm axle going through the trans. I thought a bronze bushing would be a great answer.

nosjunkie

I know its been quite a while since I posted... I took some time off and built a house...

But Im back to see it through...
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

Got the solid sprocket and fine tooth adjuster with the clutch done.. I bought the clutch off ebay for a deal but it was for a hyd setup.. So I had to make a threaded bushing for the center..
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

Got the primary cover all buttoned up with ARP hardware. Still have a few bolts to source.
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

The rear master is the earlier style.. This area was tight and took some thinking/planning.
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

The front wheel turned out very nice.. a bit spendy but the quality is amazing...
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

The exhaust I choose was Bassani.. It seems like a nice piece.. I took the end cap and had it Hard anodized to make it look different. I also like that it is not a low hanging pipe.... I doubt you could rub it in a turn..
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

The head were done by WFO Larry... they got ported new valves and springs.. Head bolts and studs are from Fueling (ARP repacked) Rocker boxes got ARP hardware.. The Mikuni 48mm got freshened up and jetted for the big motor. I took TPs jetting for a starting point and will use a Innovate LRM2 to tune it..

and if you are wondering BITW is the group of brothers I belong to.. Brothers In The Wind..
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

nosjunkie

Rear wheel was sourced from another model harley.. Its a 17" so I can get good tires.. I choose the sprocket over a belt because Im trying to run a 160 rear tire..
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

Deye76

Very nice work. Yeah many good choices for rear tires it seems are 17".
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

koko3052

I haven't seen a swingarm/ axle adjuster like that, who's the builder of it? How does it "lock up"? Looks neat & cool.👍

rigidthumper

Quote from: koko3052 on May 28, 2022, 10:01:55 AMI haven't seen a swingarm/ axle adjuster like that, who's the builder of it? How does it "lock up"? Looks neat & cool.👍
Post 16 shows it was made by Deviant Fabrications
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

nosjunkie

Quote from: koko3052 on May 28, 2022, 10:01:55 AMI haven't seen a swingarm/ axle adjuster like that, who's the builder of it? How does it "lock up"? Looks neat & cool.👍

Its a Deviant Fabrication arm. The round eccentric gets pinched in the housing. The end piece is billet so its plenty strong..
LIVE FREE OR DIE..