May 02, 2024, 05:50:59 PM

News:

Rushmore crankshafts

Started by speed limit, November 13, 2018, 12:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speed limit

Did Harley solve the crankshaft issues and install a proper left side bearing on the rushmore models or is that still the starting point before doing any serious power mods?
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

koko3052

Harley doesn't have any crankshaft issues....just ask them! :hyst:
When you are going to spend a bunch of money...start at the bottom. :up:

rigidthumper

The lefty bearing seems to be holding up under normal builds. If you're going big/bad, do it all.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

We did cams only on my dads 14' flhx. Runout was .005 (bike had 4000 mi. on it). Did the cams anyways, and we'll retest the runout after 5k miles to see if it held. He rides very conservatively though so may not be a fair test..

koko3052

speed limit

Im thinking 110 kit with 585 cams
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

rigidthumper

Lots of them out there on stock cranks with decent runout. That combo works well, better with ported heads and a 58 TB.
Measure first, then decide.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

dheath9994

Just did a 110 build with 575 cams. I did the whole bottom end was originally just going to have it tried and welded my runout was .006 when I sent it out the tech noticed a lot of wear on my crank pin and bushings so I ended up having them do a pro plug with all new bushings they also heat treated my rods. Would have been a shame to spend all the money on the 110 kit and have a worn out crank twist a few hundred miles in. If I were you I'd do the bottom

Ps. I also did the timken conversion (my bikes a 2016 street glide)