May 02, 2024, 09:22:24 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

molded hoses for oil system '96 FLSTF

Started by FTBY55, April 15, 2018, 10:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTBY55

Does anyone know where I could get a set of replacement molded oil hoses for a '96 FatBoy?

Burnout

If you had the part # you could search on Ebay or Toms NOS parts.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Flhfxd

I was able to order one from a dealer last year. About $15
"And the road goes on forever...... But I got one more silver dollar.....'

FTBY55

Was told that they are no longer available from the factory.

darylnj

check around with the part numbers,some may still  be available some dealer might have on the shelf
if you can't get oem rubber drag specialties has braided kits

Flhfxd

Others have suggested to get a piece of rubber oil line and use an external spring to keep it round (no kinks) as you twist it to that required routing. PITA for sure. Maybe I got lucky but it seemed like it was no issue to order from my dealer. I could try if you like....? Send it to ya and all that stuff. Send me a PM if you like. Happy to help.

FTBY55

Thanks for the offer Flhfxd, will try a different dealer and look for someone with stock. If no luck I will take you up on that offer.

Burnout

It's a lot easier to Google the part #.

I don't have a softie parts book or I'd offer it up.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

FTBY55

only one number comes up with a part available, 63515-92,  The others are 63553-91, 63556-87, 63572-86.

Mikeg

FTBY55,

I am looking for replacements for my 1998 Superglide. What did you come up with? I have been searching for factory replacements and haven't found any either. I am thinking of going with something like this....  http://www.dragspecialties.com/products/?productId=468806&partNumber=07110042  I would rather have black but I guess we have to go with what is available.

darylnj

fyi
i have a 94 dyna conv and started replacing hoses and rubber a couple of years ago before parts started getting scarce.
had a problem last year trying to replace the brake lines
if you plan on keeping your bike replace anything of age and possibly start collecting parts, the after market just goes so far.
you can google the part numbers maybe someone has stock, you can also ask a harley dealer to check other dealers through  the country
good luck

thumper 823

insert coat hanger into the hose , bend to the shape you like, heat it with heat gun, cool it.
Pull wire coat hanger out.
Viola.
D Troop 3/5, - C/16 ,162AHC, Mekong delta.
Rising from the Ashes  UHIH

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: thumper 823 on June 11, 2018, 02:13:31 AM
insert coat hanger into the hose , bend to the shape you like, heat it with heat gun, cool it.
Viola.

Have you had luck with this?
If so, nice!
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

thumper 823

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

flying_finn

Use transmission hose... this will not kink or collapse

Reddog74usa

Quote from: thumper 823 on June 11, 2018, 02:13:31 AM
Viola.

:beer: :up:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

thumper 823

The thicker the wire the better.
No magic required.

FTBY55

At wits end so ready to try the heat gun. What type rubber hose and will the heat deteriorate the rubber in any way?

thumper 823

Use hose designated for oil, heat until malleable, no more.
Let cool off pull wire , done

Flhfxd

Sent you an email. I can get you the tank-to-filter hose only.

FTBY55

Thanks ,

Got that one being shipped already. Thanks for your efforts, much appreciated.