May 06, 2024, 05:40:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Stock or Lyndall Brake pads???

Started by 89 fxrs, November 23, 2018, 06:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Quote from: rigidthumper on December 01, 2018, 08:44:53 AM
Just as habit, I put new front pads on every other new front tire, but I've never changed the rear pads on any of my bikes. Only time I ever used the rear was both brake emergencies, or wanting to light a smoke while sitting at a light, and the bike wanted to roll...

Same here, I change them once when I convert the bike to my pads of choice. But I don't use the rear much at all, might not touch it at all in a day of riding.

No Cents

Quote from: Ohio HD on November 24, 2018, 08:55:32 PM
I've run OEM and Lyndall gold. To me the stopping power was about the same. Best luck I've had is with the EBC Double H Sintered - Sportbike Trackday and Roadrace pads - EPFA409HH.

These have a strong grip, and don't make excessive dust on the wheels. They last pretty long as well. 

I'll add that these are not price competitive brake pads.

best damn brake pad I've ever ran.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Ohio HD

Quote from: No Cents on December 01, 2018, 11:23:07 AM
Quote from: Ohio HD on November 24, 2018, 08:55:32 PM
I've run OEM and Lyndall gold. To me the stopping power was about the same. Best luck I've had is with the EBC Double H Sintered - Sportbike Trackday and Roadrace pads - EPFA409HH.

These have a strong grip, and don't make excessive dust on the wheels. They last pretty long as well. 

I'll add that these are not price competitive brake pads.

best damn brake pad I've ever ran.

Bill is who turned me on to these. He always ran these on his sport bikes. Bill rides hard and fast.