April 27, 2024, 03:20:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Leather on Road King Classic saddlebag is coming loose

Started by Sinker, November 07, 2018, 06:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinker

The leather covering is coming loose from the saddlebag lid. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

tomcat64

get it good and wet, on a really hot sunny day, then leave it in the sun to dry.. after it tightens up be sure to give it a real good treatment with some kind of leather goop!

Panzer

Agree with Tomcat, wet leather shrinks when it drys.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Sinker

I live in Ohio so it will be about 6 months before the next hot day. If no one else suggests anything I will have to wait until then.

ViseGrips

what about putting a real wet towel on it overnight to get it good and wet and then use a hair dryer on it the next day ?

Panzer

Quote from: ViseGrips on November 11, 2018, 02:03:05 PM
what about putting a real wet towel on it overnight to get it good and wet and then use a hair dryer on it the next day ?

:agree: or a heat gun.

tomcat64

Quote from: Panzer on November 11, 2018, 03:11:38 PM
Quote from: ViseGrips on November 11, 2018, 02:03:05 PM

:agree: or a heat gun.

that just might work, otherwise try a heat lamp....

PoorUB

Just don't get it too hot! Even blow air over it from a fan should be enough.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Phu Cat

wet leather shrinks when it drys.

OJ's attorney knew this all too well.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Sinker

I will give this a try with a hair dryer this weekend and let everyone know how it comes out.

Sinker

Update:  I got it good and wet yesterday and then dryed with a hair dryer. It pulled the leather tight! Thanks for the suggestions, it saved me a lot of $$

Sinker