April 27, 2024, 12:55:00 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

110 CVO Case Center Bolt

Started by Don D, March 06, 2019, 05:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don D

Looking for part of this bolt. I found only one year that showed a different part number. Ordered it and it did not have the reduced center diameter as the original did. It did have the rubber washer head and was slights longer than the other bolts. What was the original number, anyone know?

Hillside Motorcycle

Simply center drill the threaded allowing that end to be supported with a live center, grab the hex head in a 3 jaw chuck and establish the "waist.
We have performed that machining operation on the c/bolts as far back as the Shovel days when using 3 13/16" cylinders.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Ohio HD

Hilly13

March 06, 2019, 05:47:25 AM #3 Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 07:29:43 AM by Hilly13
1093 I think was the Harley bolt number, was part of a kit.
Edit, original CVO bolt was 1090, now 1090A, the 1093 was used for boring the non CVO cases, would not be any use for CVO cases.
Just because its said don't make it so

Norton Commando

I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but what's the purpose of the turned-down section on this bolt?

Thanks!

Jason
Remember, you can sleep in your car, but you can't drive your house.

les

Quote from: Norton Commando on March 06, 2019, 06:45:48 AM
I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but what's the purpose of the turned-down section on this bolt?

Thanks!

Jason

Generally speaking, those bolts are used when the engine casing spigots are machined out to accommodate larger diameter cylinder spigots, and the machining is so much as to cut into the bolt hole channel.

Mick0311

How much does that affect the torque value?
2015 Road Glide Special

Moparnut72

Quote from: Norton Commando on March 06, 2019, 06:45:48 AM

Thanks!

Jason

Thanks for asking, I figured everyone knew so I didn't want to appear to be stupid by asking myself.    :SM:
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

Don D

March 06, 2019, 09:47:12 AM #8 Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:17:52 AM by HD Street Performance
The 120r bolt is ideal. 20+ bucks. I am trying to avoid drilling the case all the way through. I have done and have a good understanding of the process. Less time the better. Was also considering shortening the S&S bolt. The latest 110 bolt I recieved was not cut in the center at all. The original from a motor was cut.

Hillside Motorcycle

Quote from: Mick0311 on March 06, 2019, 08:53:34 AM
How much does that affect the torque value?

Torque load on that is only as much as that relieved diameter.
10 ft/lbs is our threshold ie, 1/4".
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Don D

PoorUB

Minor pitch diameter on a 5/16 UNC bolt is roughly 1/4". Shouldn't the relived bolt handle full torque? :idunno:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Don D

I have this solved, thanks. Hilly thanks for the numbers.

Hilly13

Just because its said don't make it so