April 27, 2024, 01:24:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

WHICH STYLE RR EXHAUST TO GO WITH

Started by HardLuck71, March 07, 2019, 01:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HardLuck71

Hey guys, so I want to switch to a 2 into 1 as I think my current exhaust is holding me back. Im looking to get Bassani Road Rage but wondering which style would be best for my build. I was told to go with the B1 but then others say it will be too much for what I have. Can I get some opinions plz? Below is my current build with the exception that Im sending my heads to Scott tomorrow for some wrk. Thanks

03 Night Train
S&S 98", S&S cam plate & oil pump ( w/ upgraded hydraulic tensioners )
S&S 79cc Super Stock heads ( 10.6:1 cr ) about 201 ccp
S&S 52mm throttle body, S&S fuel rail kit with 5.2 or 5.3 injectors
Fueling 574 cams
Rinehart Crossbacks exhaust
Power Vision

Frédéric CM

Nastytls

I've had a couple of Bassani's including the B1.

I'd stay away from the B1, it scrapes the ground with the littlest amount of lean angle; unless you have your bike lifted with long travel suspension.

HardLuck71

I spoke with Bassani earlier and found out that ( for softails ) there is no difference between RR2 mega power and the B1 besides the B1 has a straight muffler and doesn't come in a short version and the mega power has a mega phone style muffler. There's no difference in power or performance.

04 SE Deuce

2-3 years back a previous tech staffer at Bassani shared with me that the B1 muffler has a very slight edge over the megaphone muffler on the RRII.  IIRC he said about 1.5hp.

I won't run a pipe that drags the ground.

HardLuck71

Quote from: 04 SE DEUCE on March 09, 2019, 06:29:06 AM
2-3 years back a previous tech staffer at Bassani shared with me that the B1 muffler has a very slight edge over the megaphone muffler on the RRII.  IIRC he said about 1.5hp.

I won't run a pipe that drags the ground.

Me neither as I spent almost $1k on Rinehart exhaust and 1st time I rode 2up
( and she was petite ) I scrapped the bottom exhaust amd I'm pissed. I'm actually looking at the V&H Hi-Output Short 2 into 1 now as I think it looks good, sounds good and it has a ton of ground clearance, then I definitely won't have an issue lowering another inch

borno

I've got the b-1 on my '07 fxst and it doesn't scrape. I made sure to shim the muffler so it isn't angled outward. I think my saddlebags would hit first if I leaned it that far honestly, I do have the 200mm tire though if it makes a difference. They sound so much better than the big shots I took off.

HardLuck71

Quote from: borno on March 10, 2019, 04:21:03 AM
I've got the b-1 on my '07 fxst and it doesn't scrape. I made sure to shim the muffler so it isn't angled outward. I think my saddlebags would hit first if I leaned it that far honestly, I do have the 200mm tire though if it makes a difference. They sound so much better than the big shots I took off.

Does that exhaust sound deep and loud?