Can a 2019 Limited's DTCs be viewed and cleared from the radio screen?

Started by Ken R, March 22, 2019, 10:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken R

The shipper didn't put the motorcycle in "Travel" or "Trailer" mode when shipped from Florida to me.  It appears that the security system ran for 3 days until out of battery.  Only 4.6 volts when it arrived here. 
When I charged the battery for several hours to full charge, I started the motor for the first time.  It idled at 2,300 RPM and the check engine light was on. 

I fumbled around with the speedo trouble-code viewing and reset the 6 or 7 unrelated DTCs that showed up.  It appears that fixed the high idle as well. 

But isn't there a way to see DTCs in plain text on the newest Boom Box radios?  I found websites describing how to on the previous generation radios, but none on the 2019.  It's hard to believe that they'd omit a feature that used to be standard; so I'm just thinking that I don't know how to get the the DTC screen.   

kd

Sounds like a warranty call to me.  It is your new bike isn't it?  Didn't the dealer do a PDI and run it?
KD

richbiker

I do not believe you can do that with any Harley radio.  It all has to be done in the speedo with the trip button.
Spence
If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room!!

Scotty

To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu will display the following options:
NOTE
The service menu may display "Diag Service not Available" when a menu option is initially selected. This message will
clear once the system has finished performing the "power-on" process.

DTCs
Audio
Display
Key input
Component menus
Version information
Reset
Touchscreen

This menu item allows the user to view all logged radio DTCs and clear historic DTCs. The DTC status is displayed as
either current or historic. The user can toggle between numerical and text descriptions by selecting the information
icon between the page up and down buttons. The user can also view additional DTC information by selecting a
specific DTC in the list. Additional information includes if an odometer value DTC occurred, a test fail counter and
ages since the first and last test failures

Ken R

Scotty, this doesn't work on the new GTS Boom Box that doesn't have a mechanical power switch. 
And I've really searched for information on getting diagnostics on the screen of the 2019.  Nothing found.

Hard to believe that they omitted this firmware function that was developed for previous versions of the BoomBox.

Quote from: Scotty on March 23, 2019, 12:10:18 AM
To enter the service menu:
1. Turn IGN OFF. Wait 15 seconds.
2. Press and hold power/mute button. Turn IGN to ACC.
3. Continue to press power button for 2 seconds after the WARNING screen is displayed.
4. Release power/mute button and accept warning.
The service menu will display the following options:
NOTE
The service menu may display "Diag Service not Available" when a menu option is initially selected. This message will
clear once the system has finished performing the "power-on" process.

DTCs
Audio
Display
Key input
Component menus
Version information
Reset
Touchscreen

This menu item allows the user to view all logged radio DTCs and clear historic DTCs. The DTC status is displayed as
either current or historic. The user can toggle between numerical and text descriptions by selecting the information
icon between the page up and down buttons. The user can also view additional DTC information by selecting a
specific DTC in the list. Additional information includes if an odometer value DTC occurred, a test fail counter and
ages since the first and last test failures

Scotty

Worth a try...........Don't have any 2019 information on the GTS Boom Box sorry

Winston Wolf

It does work with a mechanical switch bike.  Just turn it to accessory mode, as soon as the warning screen pops up, then hold the power/mute on the radio for about 15 seconds. 

The reset mode in the menu is how you reset the time since last service ticker on the info screen.