May 06, 2024, 10:56:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Throttle X-Rated Battery

Started by NHBagger, January 07, 2019, 08:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHBagger

Anyone have any experience with this company?  Looks like their MX30L is rated at 600cca.

chaos901

My touring partner has an X-Rated battery, but his is just the "modest" 400 cca version.  He has had it in the bike for less than a year and likes it fine.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Coff 06

January 07, 2019, 09:38:13 AM #2 Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:35:43 PM by Coff 06
I have one of their 500cca for my Softail arriving today,the MX20L.I'll report back later this week how things work out.          Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

doctorevil

X rated sources there batteries from 2 sources.The batteries with large lead connections are usa deka east penn "harley oem"very good. There other batteries with the little square bolt/nut connectors are import garbage.

Moparnut72

Quote from: Coff 06 on January 07, 2019, 09:38:13 AM
I have one of their 500cca for my Softail arriving today,the MX20L.I'll report back later this week how things work out.          Coff 06

I for one will be very interested in what you have to report. I have a SE 110 engine. The OEM battery has trouble spinning it over when it is cold. Also can't be doing the starter any good.
kk
"The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know." Albert Einstein

Jim Bronson

I installed an MX30L in my SE 110 RK about six months ago. I also rebuilt the starter solenoid, and the starter spins very well. No complaints.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Coff 06

January 09, 2019, 03:14:36 PM #6 Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 03:51:33 PM by Coff 06
Quote from: doctorevil on January 07, 2019, 04:13:31 PM
X rated sources there batteries from 2 sources.The batteries with large lead connections are usa deka east penn "harley oem"very good. There other batteries with the little square bolt/nut connectors are import garbage.

Just got back to the bike and installed the new battery.First impressions are WOW.This thing really spins the engine over.I'm at 11.4/1 compression and it spun right up on a hot start without the compression releases.It has certainly not done that before.The weather is supposed to let up tomorrow so hopefully I'll have a chance to get out for a ride and get some real world testing.            Coff 06

Mine is the one with the large lead threaded connectors.....no nuts and bolts

doctorevil

Coff 06

Moparnut72

I am very interested in this battery especially after your report. In the fact that my starter will stall out trying to start my bike in the cold can't be doing it any good. I may just have to get one of these. Keep us posted please.
kk
"The more I learn the more I realize how much I don't know." Albert Einstein

hotbo

I have been using Throttle X batteries for several years and several of our bikes with great success! Travis  :beer:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

DresserDan

So these are nothing more than Deka's rebranded. What am I missing here? Just go but the Deka

Coff 06

Got a couple hour ride in today. I am very impressed with the battery.Hot starts without compression releases is no problem.The 500cca spins my 98" hot rod better than when it was stock. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.That being said I hope it lasts like any of the others I've had.My bike is an 06 and this is my 3rd battery.Only time will tell.     Coff 06

truck

Quote from: DresserDan on January 10, 2019, 12:58:23 PM

So these are nothing more than Deka's rebranded. What am I missing here? Just go but the Deka
600cca vs 400cca
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

doctorevil

Deka will manufacture any battery to private label specs per min order. there warehouse here in ontario ca. has many private label batteries on the shelves. there are only 3 agm battery manufacturers in the usa. only 2 manufacture powersport segment batteries.

doctorevil

I also failed to mention antigravity and odyssey. antigravity an assembler and odyssey i have no idea.