April 27, 2024, 02:02:36 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2011 cvo ultra clutch slippage

Started by banjoman2255, June 24, 2019, 05:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjoman2255

Dad has a 2011 110 ultra.  61k miles.  TTS can map/crusher mellows/head pipe/ a/c.  He is experiencing heavy clutch slippage in only 5th gear.  Go to pass someone and have to go to either sixth or 4th.  I've never heard of slippage in just one gear.  His clutch is completely stock and he doesn't abuse it.  Do you think a spring would cure it or should he replace entire clutch with that many miles?

r0de_runr

June 24, 2019, 06:01:48 AM #1 Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:25:05 AM by FSG
Which lubricant?

Heavy spring gave me carple tunnel, new clutch was easy and cheap.

https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=energy+one+clutch&crid= ....energy+one%2Caps%2C633&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_5_10
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

koko3052

I've never heard of slippage on only one gear either. You would think if it slips in 5th, then downshifting to 4th & cranking on it would be worse. :scratch:
I think that I would be having a peek in the tranny. :nix:

K9COP

My clutch started slipping at around 24000 miles.  Our Patrol bikes were having smoked clutches by 5000 miles.  We began installing the Alto Carbonite clutches and started using Bel Ray non synthetic fluids and have had nothing but great clutch performance since then...  I hear great things on the AIM clutches that fuel Moto uses as well

CndUltra88

Quote from: K9COP on July 06, 2019, 07:14:50 AM
My clutch started slipping at around 24000 miles.  Our Patrol bikes were having smoked clutches by 5000 miles.  We began installing the Alto Carbonite clutches and started using Bel Ray non synthetic fluids and have had nothing but great clutch performance since then...  I hear great things on the AIM clutches that fuel Moto uses as well

Welcome Aboard.....
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

klammer76

Quote from: CndUltra88 on July 06, 2019, 08:33:45 AM
Quote from: K9COP on July 06, 2019, 07:14:50 AM

Welcome Aboard.....
Rob
Rob, do you still use the judder spring with the Alto Carbonite clutches?

mike jesse

Heavy bike with lots of miles, sounds like it's just worn out.

I've used the Energy One extra plate clutch and HD spring on several bikes with excellent results.

Dyno tested to about 115 HP and 120 tq. with no slipping.