May 02, 2024, 05:24:38 AM

News:

Question about big CI engines

Started by harleytq, January 22, 2019, 07:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1workinman

Quote from: turboprop on January 23, 2019, 12:43:37 PM
Quote from: itsafatboy on January 23, 2019, 12:01:26 PM
do those motors have the S&S reed valve in the cam chest. if so I bet its sumpiing ,  that one way valve they put behind cam plate does not work, just not sure they are still using it,   when you run a one way on the heads wich is fine , but add a one way on the bottom end it will cause problems , it will sump the cam chest

Thats debatable. I put one in the Smack-A-Hoe TC124. S&S case with blue pump and plate. No sumping issues. Engine is a beast. This engine also has several external one way valves. Not only does this engine not sump, but it blows very little oil into the catch can. Even after a couple thousand miles. The problem with this stuff is there are too many that are merely regurgitating what others have written online.
Sir that is what I done to both my motors is the one way checks in all three lines . 2 off the heads and one off the filler neck . I silver soldered the fittings to do what I wanted and used bar on the ends and used a black plastic air line that I have used before . Works good for me . The line works well with the fittings Ray recommended on the filler neck .  Ed you do nice work I appreciate you posting them