May 01, 2024, 04:31:31 PM

News:

S&S oil lines

Started by Rob L, January 27, 2019, 05:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1workinman

Quote from: Die Hard on February 12, 2019, 08:06:04 AM
I replaced the stock 103" in my 2015 Street Glide at 800 miles with an S&S 124 LC crate engine. They had it in stock built on HD Screaming Eagle Pro cases so no external oil lines were needed. No regrets and I have 9000 miles on it so far. The 124 puts out 127 HP and 136 TQ. It is a great base if you want to add more power later, but quite frankly I just don't care about that. The bike redlines at 133 MPH, it gets there pretty fast and that is good enough for me. S&S also put a two year unlimited mileage warranty on the motor which I have not needed.

The stock Harley 103" engine was far from a performance engine and would have taken considerable time and money to get to the level of the S&S 124. From a cost standpoint, I was miles ahead with the way I went, especially because I was able to sell the 103" for a good price to offset the cost of the S&S 124.

Each to his own you know. Just telling what worked for me.
That's a great way to go , that about what my lc  did although my motor did not work out for me , I wanted more so it was not a big deal . I saw a good while back where a fellow took his heads to Rick Ward and upped the compression on the 585 cams and I think it went in the low 140s square . I was impressed and still am lol  . Of course that probably ended his warranty or some of it not that I would care . SS makes good products and I would not worry about the bottom end

Die Hard

Do you happen to remember what level of compression that guy went to? Just curious because I have not seen dyno numbers with increased compression using 585 cams. I'm guessing that might have been the best of both worlds - great bottom end torque associated with that cam and good horsepower in the mid to top end. I have seen some amazing numbers coming from Rick Ward's head work.
Life is too short to drink cheap whiskey.

1workinman

Quote from: Die Hard on February 13, 2019, 01:54:09 PM
Do you happen to remember what level of compression that guy went to? Just curious because I have not seen dyno numbers with increased compression using 585 cams. I'm guessing that might have been the best of both worlds - great bottom end torque associated with that cam and good horsepower in the mid to top end. I have seen some amazing numbers coming from Rick Ward's head work.
Yea it was damn impressive , I can find it for you in the dyno section . I pretty sure I know around what the head flowed and it made hp period with the 585 set with compression I think around 200 not sure . It is a piston change I think and heads port work. I had a lc 124 and it made around 126 or 7 hp . This is a day and night change lol