April 18, 2024, 07:26:06 AM

News:

Looking at the ISKY 300ezr lifters

Started by itsafatboy, June 18, 2022, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

Just wondering if anyone has used these HD bushing lifters, i am just concerned they are just SBC lifters and the oil metering to top end has not been increased,  i figure jims is made by them or whoever makes ISKY lifters but i figure jims specs would have the increased metering,     

kd

Do a search on here.  There has been previous discussions and one more recent.
KD

Ohio HD

June 18, 2022, 09:01:51 PM #2 Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 10:39:38 AM by Ohio HD
Better make sure they know what they're selling you. They look like Evo lifters.

300EZR

Wookie3011

I'm using the jims bushing lifters which I believe are isky made. So far good to go. I'm in the process of changing to a Dan Thayer pump. Ready to pull the lifters to see how they look. I just wasn't seeing the amount of return to my oil tank I thought it should have. So a guy starts to second guess his work. For about 6 hours of work I can put my mind at ease and upgrade my pump. 360 win.

Ohio HD

I know several folks have run the Thayer pump, including me. I actually like the S&S pump better than the Thayer. The Thayer was a little erratic when cruising. Also the high RPM oil pressure was higher than I want to see. I switched to an S&S pump and plate and see what I expect to. Stable pressure and at high RPM the gauge doesn't almost burry like the Thayer did.

itsafatboy

June 19, 2022, 05:19:35 PM #5 Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 05:20:58 PM by Ohio HD
Quote from: Ohio HD on June 18, 2022, 09:01:51 PMBetter make sure they know what they're selling you. They look like Evo lifters.

300EZR

ya they have pics wrong for sure told them but they dont seem to care im sure HD is the least of their cares 

Ohio HD

Quote from: itsafatboy on June 19, 2022, 05:19:35 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on June 18, 2022, 09:01:51 PMBetter make sure they know what they're selling you. They look like Evo lifters.

300EZR

ya they have pics wrong for sure told them but they dont seem to care im sure HD is the least of their cares 

Is that someone you really want to buy lifters from? Someone that doesn't care about HD's?

One would think that they've done little if any actual testing in an HD with their lifters.

itsafatboy

Ya i run the thayer with the RR two piece cam plate that has a breather option love the RR stuff, pump has been fine for me, i like the jims just wondering if the bushing material is the same as the EZ300 ones from isky probably are since they make them , jims i think would have better oil to top end since they are a bike part guy and isky is more car driven just didnt want SB chevy lifters oil metering, i know the twincam needs more to top end. prob going to call isky,  the jims two feed holes also look larger seems safer for the bushing feed hole then the small hole on the isky , especially since we use 20/50 or even thicker oil 

Don D

Neither Iskenderian or Jims manufacture lifters, they are subcontracted.

Wookie3011

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 19, 2022, 05:23:35 PM
Quote from: itsafatboy on June 19, 2022, 05:19:35 PM

300EZR

Is that someone you really want to buy lifters from? Someone that doesn't care about HD's?

One would think that they've done little if any actual testing in an HD with their lifters.

Quote from: itsafatboy on June 19, 2022, 05:25:44 PMYa i run the thayer with the RR two piece cam plate that has a breather option love the RR stuff, pump has been fine for me, i like the jims just wondering if the bushing material is the same as the EZ300 ones from isky probably are since they make them , jims i think would have better oil to top end since they are a bike part guy and isky is more car driven just didnt want SB chevy lifters oil metering, i know the twincam needs more to top end. prob going to call isky,  the jims two feed holes also look larger seems safer for the bushing feed hole then the small hole on the isky , especially since we use 20/50 or even thicker oil

Is the breather option the one Revolution performance uses for anti aeration? I seen a few plates paired with the thayer that have been engraved with "dont plug this hole" and "anti aeration". I was curious to know exactly what he's doing with this setup that would mitigate aeration. I shot them an email BUT I bought my setup from R&R.

itsafatboy

The oil pump is just a plain 06 style thayer 3 stage pump , the cam plate has a labyrinth and a optional exteral breather hole i vent to a little catch can , it has worked good for me, i have no blowbye from heads, i do run Krank vents off the heads , i also have a 1/2" hole in heads instead OF THE 3/8" breather hole, here is the cam plate info, the inner cam plate bolts to every hole on the case very strong setup, the outer cover has the labyrinth 

http://www.rrcycles.com/shop/cam-support-covers-oil-pumps-c-7_10_14/rr-cycles-2-piece-cam-cover-99-up-p-68.html

60Gunner

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 19, 2022, 12:41:23 PMI know several folks have run the Thayer pump, including me. I actually like the S&S pump better than the Thayer. The Thayer was a little erratic when cruising. Also the high RPM oil pressure was higher than I want to see. I switched to an S&S pump and plate and see what I expect to. Stable pressure and at high RPM the gauge doesn't almost burry like the Thayer did.

Maybe your gauge is erratic. Never heard of such a thing with this pump. What pressure were you getting at high rpm? Mine is set up @ 42psi. Seems perfect for the dual port scavenging. I have more oil in my tank.
It IS adjustable.

60Gunner

June 22, 2022, 01:17:50 PM #12 Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 04:22:38 PM by 60Gunner
I should probably elaborate since not everyone that reads this might know but the pressure is adjustable in the plate. Not the pump itself. With the turn of a screw
The S&S TC3 and DT pump are pretty much the same pump. Word is S&S stole it from Thayer as he developed it when he worked there or so the story goes. Of course it's a mighty thin slice of ham that doesn't have two sides but...
Running either pump with the stock plate and say the baisley spring or some other mod that increases pressure and who knows what the pressure would be.
Mine was set up for 42psi and that's what it is when I ran a temp gauge. Stock is somewhere around 38-42 I'm fairly certain.
I didn't go with this setup for increasing pressure. Least not by much. The main benefit is the much improved scavenging and vacuum control as explained in US Patent # 8910610. Inventor, Daniel Charles Thayer.

My take on the lifters...maybe for race applications.