May 07, 2024, 01:43:40 AM

News:

A question about bleeder fittings.

Started by Paniolo, April 08, 2019, 11:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paniolo

I'm going to change the fluid in my hydraulic clutch. What size hose fits over the bleeder nipple?

Thanks
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

chaos901

Don't know the actual size, just went to the auto parts store and bought a couple of different ones.  One fit fine.

Obviously much smaller than the one needed to bleed brakes, but I don't know that actual size either.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

Hossamania

Do you have a brake bleeder kit? They come with different size bleeder connectors, one of them may fit. I was going to say should fit, but if it is substantially smaller than a brake bleeder, maybe not.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Paniolo

No, I don't have a brake bleeder kit. I was just going to run a long hose into a jar, loosen the nipple, open the reservoir, and let the fluid drain.

crock

Crock

Paniolo

When I picked up the DOT 4, I got the smallest hose they had. It barely fit on the nipple. I had to use a tiny zip tie to help keep it on. I was shocked at the condition of the fluid I pumped out. Hopefully I won't lose my clutch again when I hit 9,000 feet above sea level. 

I'm going to do the front brakes next. Should I start with the front caliper that is furthest from the lever, or closest to the lever?

Coyote

Hossamania

Quote from: Paniolo on April 10, 2019, 06:47:58 AM
When I picked up the DOT 4, I got the smallest hose they had. It barely fit on the nipple. I had to use a tiny zip tie to help keep it on. I was shocked at the condition of the fluid I pumped out. Hopefully I won't lose my clutch again when I hit 9,000 feet above sea level. 

I'm going to do the front brakes next. Should I start with the front caliper that is furthest from the lever, or closest to the lever?

It really doesn't matter which one you start with.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Breeze

My truck service manual says to start with the furthest away fitting.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

92flhtcu

furthest from Master first is the long time rule of thumb, albeit on a dual disc front end on a harley there is only about 6" diff, i still do furthest first
Need a bigger garage