March 28, 2024, 04:53:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1950 Panhead throttle cable routing

Started by jayjaywideglide, April 08, 2019, 09:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayjaywideglide

I am working on and restoring my Panhead I got from my brother's estate.  I have rebuilt the original Linkert carb and using the original internal throttle cable.  I am trying to find out how the throttle cable is routed and anchored.  (I restored my Knucklehead many years ago and know how it was routed, but looks like the Panhead is different.  Can anyone send me a pic on how it is to be routed.  I have been researching thru books and internet, but so far haven't found out how it is suppose to route.  Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

58Tin

the cable goes thru the center of the upper tree and down between the front down tubes-along the bottom of the 1 inch reinforcing tube to carb. It is held to the tube with clamp part# 9983 and you need bracket 56605-49 which is mounted to the upper motor mount and anchors the end of the throttle cable. Sorry no pics.

jayjaywideglide

Does anyone have a picture of the parts or pic of how the cable is routed?

HogMike

I'll have to check my file cabinet but I seem to remember some photos and diagrams
:nix:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

Depending on what you're running, here are some pics of what various bars, brackets, etc used on different models.

If you want something more specific let me know if you want oem setup, or different carb, bars whatever.
I've done full restoration to choppers and most everything in between.
1946-1965

If you have the brackets and tabs on the frame, it's pretty simple.
Good luck!
HOGMIKE
SoCal