May 06, 2024, 08:38:53 AM

News:

Shorty antena's

Started by DresserDan, May 01, 2019, 07:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DresserDan

Any one have any experience with the ones H D sells or the J&M shortys?

chaos901

I've used both, don't really have an issue with either one.  From what I remember, the H-D ones are specific to either the radio or CB while the J&M are universal.   

Like them better than the long whips.
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

ViseGrips

I used a small cheap rubber ducky type one mounted inside my fairing on different trunk touring models over the years when I took my trunk off when not needed...the reception wasn't as good as the long trunk mounted ones and in my neck of the woods where there's only a few radio FM and AM stations ...I eliminated the long one rather than disconnect it every time I rode without the trunk...and when touring around in other areas where there was/is more stations the short one inside the fairing done the trick..

road-dawgs1

I use a shorty from an auto parts store, works fine for me.

'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

Leed

I put the HD shorties on my 06 EG Ultra. Didn't notice any difference in the radio reception. I never used the CB so I have no idea if that was different.

crazy joe

I Have one from J&M no problems.

r0de_runr

I use the HD ones, they work fine for me, CB and FM.
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

Hossamania

I use the HD one as well, easy to procure, not real expensive, radio only, no cb, just put a cap on the stud. I can't tell how well the antenna works because I rarely use the radio. Old school Nano iPod. In town the antenna works fine.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.