HELP! Super Shox vs. Ohlins for Harley Road Glide

Started by cpiccarr, April 10, 2019, 06:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpiccarr

Any help for shocks would be appreciated.  2010 Road Glide need help bad. Tried Progressive 444 did not work for me and rider. Thanks

hbkeith

use the search , been discussed many many times

djl

Either would be an improvement over the Progressives but I went with Ohlins.

rhuff

jmorton10

Quote from: rhuff on April 10, 2019, 08:40:12 AM
Ohlins

:up: :up:

Ohlin Blackline work very well for me (& I'm embarrassed to admit how many shocks I have bought/sold over the years LOL)

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

harpwrench

Super Shox sacrifices some travel with the internal separator piston, have no damping adjustments, and very limited spring options. Tried them, just ok solo and not good 2-up on our rough roads. Terry Cable shocks ride pretty darn good, I have those on 2 bikes and like them a lot. My main bike got ohlins and they're great. Having the adjustment capabilities and being able to get the correct springs for the weight makes them better.

wolf_59

I tried the TerryCable shocks because of the 90 day guarantee about 7-8 years ago still running them

Shoreglide

Ohlin Blackline work very well for me (& I'm embarrassed to admit how many shocks I have bought/sold over the years LOL)

~John
[/quote]

John,
Those Öhlins you sold me changed the whole experience on my Road Glide. Thanks again!

Paniolo

Ohlins are the 3rd and FINAL set of rear shocks on my Ultra.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

Die Hard

Ohlins was the way to go for me. Tried Progressive and Works - wasn't happy. You sorta get what you pay for, you know.
Life is too short to drink cheap whiskey.

Heinz

Ohlins are great and I went with 3 inch travel on my Street Glide.  if you are riding 2 up it's critical to make sure you get the preload set correct so you get the travel you are paying for and you don't continually bottom out.

jmorton10

Quote from: Shoreglide on April 10, 2019, 05:58:42 PM

John,
Those Öhlins you sold me changed the whole experience on my Road Glide. Thanks again!

Those are totally awesome shocks, I just needed a shorter set to lower the bike some.

Glad they worked out for you.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

Jim Bronson

Quote from: harpwrench on April 10, 2019, 10:55:45 AM
Super Shox sacrifices some travel with the internal separator piston, have no damping adjustments, and very limited spring options. Tried them, just ok solo and not good 2-up on our rough roads. Terry Cable shocks ride pretty darn good, I have those on 2 bikes and like them a lot. My main bike got ohlins and they're great. Having the adjustment capabilities and being able to get the correct springs for the weight makes them better.
Super Shox didn't work for me, so I went back to the HD Premiums. Unless someone can convince me there's a better option, I'll stick with the premiums.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

PFWiz

I run Ohlin 3-3s on my bike.
Got them for the old 2011 RGU from Howard at Motorcycle Metal and put 30,000+ miles on them. When I bought the 2018 CVO removed the Ohlins from the old bike and sent them back to Howard to be rebuilt. Now they sit on the back of the CVO and Momma is happy!

FloridaJim5

I bought a set of 13" Legend Revo-A's for my Ultra about a year and a half ago. They ride fantastic and I would buy them again!

Looks like I'm a Lone Ranger here with the Legend shocks, but I love them. 

Sorry just noticed this is a super shox vs Ohlins.

Yellow09SERG

I could have saved a bunch of money had I bought the Ohlins to begin with. Went from stock to Progressive, to JRI, before finally buying Ohlins. Save yourself some coin and buy Ohlins from the start

jmorton10

Quote from: FloridaJim5 on April 12, 2019, 07:49:50 PM
I bought a set of 13" Legend Revo-A's for my Ultra about a year and a half ago. They ride fantastic and I would buy them again!

They do't ride as good as my Ohlins (I have owned both)

~John