April 16, 2024, 02:12:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Ram Jett Evo intake manifold letter/number code request. Which fits Sportys?

Started by farmall, April 18, 2019, 02:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmall

Much love for my "E" stamped Ram Jetts (fits Super E on Evo big twins) but I don't know any of their other markings. Stamping is on the VOES boss so when someone drills and taps that the letter is obliterated. When I find one for a Sportster I'll take comparative flange measurements and post them.

I want one for my stock cylinder height Evo Sporty but even my excellent internet-fu yields no joy. Does anyone have info on what letter/number fits Sportsters? I've only seen "E" (Super B and E flange mount) and "1["(flange mount, use unknown) though I know they were last made with a CV spigot before going out of production (because they're more fiddly to install than slapping in a stocker and benefit from a customized 12pt wrench or Allen key). Too bad because they have zero functional downsides and do not need a carb brace. I hung a B then an E off the '88 big twin in the pic since the bike was new. No leaks or loosening despite many miles of use over 31 years. I also have one on my '94 FXR. If it fit my S&S 124 one would be on that, too.

It's possible the "E" stamped intake fits an S&S 89" stroker kit for Evo Sportsters since I've seen the same cylinder castings on big twins.
I'll find out when I take mine down for paint and post if so.

These things are the best Evo intake ever and I can tolerate about five extra minutes to tighten the fasteners every top end job. Used Ram Jetts usually lack the bolts but I take Allen head bolts and reduce their OD slightly (chuck in drill then hold against a grinder, or use a lathe) to clear the casting. Common thick gray gasket paper makes excellent gaskets.

Pic is my FXR engine hanging by the manifold.

(I can't post pics so here's a link to my post on another excellent forum.)

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53138&p=818088#post818088