May 01, 2024, 09:02:42 PM

News:

2016 Electra glide water pump going bad.

Started by MakoHD, April 20, 2019, 10:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MakoHD

installed a thunder max on a 2016 Electra glide 103 and the water pump stopped working. i'm getting power to it but it doesn't turn on. I'm assuming it consequently stopped working or is there any mystery i don't know about... the map it has on its for a liquid cooled bike. 

rigidthumper

ECM controls it. The ECM grey connector pin 2 provides fan relay control, coolant fuse provides power. The left fan control is ECM brown connector pin 1, right fan control is brown connector, pin 5.
Try this- engine off, run stop switch in run position, ignition switch on, open & hold throttle WOT for 15-30 seconds- do the fans kick on? If so, coolant relay/ECM/etc is working, and the coolant pump should be running at the same time.
If the fans don't come on, and the coolant fuse is good, call TM and see what they say.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Rockout Rocker Products

Could be coincidence. The motor/shaft is magnetically coupled to the impeller. If the impeller stalls (as mine did from congealed coolant) the motor can spin but no coolant flows. Sounds caveman but tapping on it may free it up.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!