May 05, 2024, 09:18:14 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Gauge bulbs

Started by 89 fxrs, May 06, 2019, 04:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

89 fxrs

was going to replace my fuel, gas, air temp,and volt gauges with colored led bulbs but need to know the bulb replacement number - anyone know what that number is?
Pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

road-dawgs1

Mine are 194 wedge bulbs
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

smoserx1

194 is what I am using too.  In 2000 the PN was 67445-00 and this bulb came with a yellow boot you could remove if you wanted a whiter light of older models.

89 fxrs

will the 194's work on a 2013 Road glide?

klammer76

89 fxrs

that's where I was looking - they have several different 194's, which ones did you get?

klammer76

Quote from: 89 fxrs on May 06, 2019, 07:24:27 PM
that's where I was looking - they have several different 194's, which ones did you get?
I'll try and find the invoice. You can also give them a call.

smoserx1

The 194s I am using are rated 3.8 watts at 14 volts and are incandescent bulbs.  I recently replaced them all, speedometer and tach included.  The Harley bulb is 3.4 watts but no voltage specified.  At 12 volts (or 12.6 they are probably the same or very close)  Anyway the brightness of the replacements (Eiko brand) is rated 25 lumens so you probably want something in that range, depending on if you would like things brighter or less.  All the old bulbs I replaced had that little boot on them and the bulbs were discolored internally from filament vaporization and thus were dim.  The new bulbs made the gauges appear much brighter, so keep that in mind.