May 05, 2024, 09:08:56 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oil pressure switch 90 degree connector boot p/n help

Started by billbuilds, May 09, 2019, 09:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billbuilds

The 2011 FLHRC that I bought used is missing the 90 degree rubber connector boot to the oil pressure switch.  I can find the boot/lead on Ronnie's parts diagram but there is no corresponding number in the p/n list beneath the diagram. I was hoping that someone might be able to shed some light on where I can get a rubber boot/connector, my wire lead is long enough to reach. Thanks, Bill
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

rigidthumper

May 09, 2019, 09:41:45 AM #1 Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:48:42 AM by rigidthumper
Late model RKs didn't get a boot.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

billbuilds

Ahhh. Would you have the part number for the connector that belongs there. Perhaps I didn't explain fully but that is missing on mine. Thanks
Anybody who tries to tell you that the press is the enemy of the people is just that.

rigidthumper

billbuilds

Thanks, I see now.  :idea:  My switch is missing the nuts and somehow I thought that there was a slide-on type connnector.   :embarrassed:

billbuilds

Sorry but that wasn't it. Did a little research and apparently I need a 72405-98BK. That's the same type of 90 degree plug (plus 4' lead) that goes to the neutral switch.  Bill

rigidthumper

May 09, 2019, 11:03:10 AM #6 Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:08:56 AM by rigidthumper
 :up: - I looked at one sheet for the item #, and a different sheet for the part number of that item number.

smoserx1

I think the oil pressure switch just completes the ground circuit.  If so, no insulation/boot needed,  Get a butt connector, crimp one end to the lead, slip the other end over the switch.