May 01, 2024, 10:28:44 PM

News:

Harley Davidson Brand Lithium

Started by trex, April 25, 2019, 11:54:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trex

Anyone know who makes the new Harley branded Lithium battery?

Rusticwater

Don't know for sure yet but looking here they offer the built in LED charge indicator and supply to an impressive list of OEMs. They also offer a 3 year warranty.
Support the Maine lobster industry

tomcat64

be aware, if you accidentally discharge the bike below 7 volts, it is done, can't be recharged and you might as well throw it away.

Rusticwater

So if these batteries by design have a low Ah rating, what happens if you leave the lights on, like your hazards or parking? Do they go dead in 15 minutes?

FWIW after receiving a promotional email from the Harley online store regarding these batteries, I emailed them twice asking what considerations are involved with using them for jumpstarting...either getting a jumpstart or giving one. There's no information about that in the J-sheet and usually you're not supposed to use LiFE for jumpstarting. Do we follow our owner's manual instructions, etc.?

The online store finally responded by saying they could only respond to inquires pertaining to the store and said I should contact customer service - but with the admonition that they don't do emails (in almost the 3rd decade of the 21st century...)  :emoGroan:
Support the Maine lobster industry

turboprop

April 26, 2019, 10:32:45 AM #4 Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 06:25:51 PM by turboprop
Quote from: Rusticwater on April 26, 2019, 08:32:21 AM
So if these batteries by design have a low Ah rating, what happens if you leave the lights on, like your hazards or parking? Do they go dead in 15 minutes?

Yes. Been there, done that.

My current lithium batteries have a 'Re-Start' feature that is sort of a partition in the battery that can only be accessed by pressing a button on the battery. This feature also prevents the battery voltage from dropping below the minimum voltage threshold and bricking the battery.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

kd

Quote from: turboprop on April 26, 2019, 10:32:45 AM
Quote from: Rusticwater on April 26, 2019, 08:32:21 AM

Yes. Been there, done that.

My current lithium batteries have a 'Jump Start' feature that is sort of a partition in the battery that can only be accessed by pressing a button on the battery. This feature also prevents the battery voltage from dropping below the minimum voltage threshold and bricking the battery.

:up:  :up:  Antigravity is on it.  Scott told me at SEMA last year to expect a remote control designed into their jump start batteries to give motorcycle installs better access to restarting the battery.
KD

dirty jim

Just got an Antigravity battery with "restart" (Thanks California Phil ! ). Small quote from their instructions, "Use with Jump Starting other battery chemistries may result in fire,explosion,injury,death or property damage. Contact Antigravity Batteries prior to attempting to jump start the battery."

Hope this helps, dirt.

98fxstc

Quote from: dirty jim on April 26, 2019, 02:46:48 PM
Just got an Antigravity battery with "restart" (Thanks California Phil ! ). Small quote from their instructions, "Use with Jump Starting other battery chemistries may result in fire,explosion,injury,death or property damage. Contact Antigravity Batteries prior to attempting to jump start the battery."

Hope this helps, dirt.

going to be be very useful when you are out on the road on a weekend or after hours