May 04, 2024, 02:26:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

12 street glide replacement pushbutton

Started by carolinayarddog, September 02, 2020, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carolinayarddog

The rubber push button between the fuel gauge and speedo on my bike is missing; does the fairing need to be removed to replace it?

calif phil

Sometimes you can gingerly thread the new one on and sometimes you need to take the fairing off and hold it from behind and thread the new one on. 

carolinayarddog

Thx Phil. Looked at it closely with a flashlight and didnt see any threads so looks like I gotta have it pulled

Hossamania

Pulling the fairing off isn't too bad. I dreaded it the first time, found it much easier than I expected.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Geezer_Glider

A little lube may help. As said the bat wing front is easy to remove and replace, unlike that other barn door Harley makes that I would just leave off a bike!!!! (kidding, maybe?)
R Meyer

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Are you referring to the Rubber Cover or the actual Switch? There is a neat trick to replace just the rubber cover without removing the fairing.
Tom

carolinayarddog

Tom when I looked with the flashlight I didnt see the switch mechanism so I'm guessing it slipped down into the fairing

Hossamania

Do you have the nut and rubber boot, or are they lost too? You will need new ones if so.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

carolinayarddog

Sorry for the delay. Work at 4 am. I am going to check with my Indy. Hopefully he can Install a new one on a ride in