May 02, 2024, 04:45:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

08 streetglide turning off security

Started by rredneckn2, June 01, 2019, 04:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rredneckn2

June 01, 2019, 04:07:08 PM Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:35:04 PM by rredneckn2
I have a 08 sg and want to turn off the battery taxing security off. I removed the siren couple years ago. What does it take? I'm assuming Tssm to a tsm. Can this be done without digital tech hookup?
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

kd

The Owner's manual has the instructions to turn it off for trailering.  The motion on the trailer sets the security alarm off if the fob is not with the bike (bad idea) so you can disable it.  That may be the same. 
KD

calif phil

I just reconfigured a 2010 Ultra today. I reprogrammed the ECU to do away with the key fobs.
He was over the moon, that he doesn't have to worry about the key fobs.   I charged him $30

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

calif phil

Quote from: rigidthumper on June 02, 2019, 05:43:18 AM
Twin Scan is pretty handy, isn't it?

I use the overpriced Snap-On scanner. 

Coyote

First your bike has a HFSM, not a TSSM. To disable the fobs you will need to either replace it with a TSM or set the PIN code to all zeros. The first option will require you to preform a password learn. While it is possible to do this using the turn signal switches and ignition,  it's much easier to use one of the diagnostics tools. The second option requires the use of one of the diagnostics tools.

In not sure that the second option will actually reduce current draw though.

rredneckn2

Quote from: Coyote on June 02, 2019, 08:03:47 AM
First your bike has a HFSM, not a TSSM. To disable the fobs you will need to either replace it with a TSM or set the PIN code to all zeros. The first option will require you to preform a password learn. While it is possible to do this using the turn signal switches and ignition,  it's much easier to use one of the diagnostics tools. The second option requires the use of one of the diagnostics tools.

In not sure that the second option will actually reduce current draw though.
Thanks for your response.  Rick
If you don't like what I say DONT read it