May 06, 2024, 09:51:12 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

loose rear jug exhaust push rod cover

Started by chas, May 25, 2019, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas

Hi All- Just did shakedown cruise after finishing tensioner replace. I noticed the rear jug push rod cover was shaking at idle, and after moving up to 35 it was puking oil!! It is the same size as the others, so whats up with that? Can I just double up on the top o-ring and hope that will take up the slack and all will be sealed and tight? Can't imagine it being any different from the front cycl exhaust p-rod. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance- Chas

koko3052

I wouldn't double up the O-rings, but would check that you haven't forgotten one on that pushrod. Unless you have adjustables you will have to remove the top end to check.!
If you verify that all O-rings are in place then what I would firstly do is get a longer clip (spacer) and see if that does the trick.

Pirsch Fire Wagon

:agree:

Sometimes there will be a defect in an O-Ring. And, if you mistakenly distorted it, that too can be an issue.
Tom

smoserx1

You didn't leave the little washer out that goes under the spring and above the middle o-ring by any chance?

chas

Pretty sure all o rings are in place, but was thinking that I would go with a thicker one up top to close the slack

FSG

901SG

Quote from: chas on May 25, 2019, 06:25:35 PM
I noticed the rear jug push rod cover was shaking at idle,
this was your first cute that something was amazing with the tube or the components were not installed correctly.
2012 FLHX,  TW222, AN Big Sucker, Decatted Header, CFR Slip on,  JNR Fast up Air

chas

I put in thicker orings and that did the trick.

koko3052