May 06, 2024, 03:02:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

My Stage I Thoughts...Suggestions, Comments

Started by Nooter99, May 29, 2019, 03:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nooter99

Buying a new to me 2010 Ultra. First new bike in about 7 years, so I'm completely out of the loop about what products are best these days.
It's a stock 96" at the moment.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Thunderheader pipe (will probably get slammed for that, but it's all I've ever used and I'm sticking to it)
V&H Fuelpak 3
SE air cleaner, or V&H VO2 Naked Air (you tell me)

Again, I'm pretty much clueless to what is out there these days. Feel free comment and make suggestions. Try not to hurt me too much.
Better to die a million dollars in debt, than with a million in the bank!

Hossamania

The FP3 does not get a lot of love from most here, especially those that tune for a living. The Power Vision is a much better choice, and will allow better tuning for future changes. If you get it from Fuel Moto, they will load a map into it for you, and may have some discounts if you purchase the air cleaner and exhaust from them as well.
I'm a fan of the ThunderHeader, love the sound and performance, don't much care for the shoddy look.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

tomcat64

I agree with Hoss, the PV or a TTS is much better than the V&H fp3.. you might be able to get by with a simple stage one download, but with a 2into1 probably not..

Ohio HD

If it has ABS, I'd just use PV as it'll make your life easier when the ABS module needs to be bled. And they need bled with the rest of the brake system when opened up.

Jim Bronson

I can still remember the look on my tuner's face the first time I mentioned the FP. It wasn't pretty. He used to use TTS, but he switched to PV a few years ago.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

rredneckn2

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 29, 2019, 01:17:05 PM
If it has ABS, I'd just use PV as it'll make your life easier when the ABS module needs to be bled. And they need bled with the rest of the brake system when opened up.
I use Pv here Please let all of us know the abs brake features you can access with it. I had to use my buddies dtt 3 to cycle abs. Thanks Rick
If you don't like what I say DONT read it

Ohio HD

Quote from: rredneckn2 on May 29, 2019, 04:32:43 PM
I use Pv here Please let all of us know the abs brake features you can access with it. I had to use my buddies dtt 3 to cycle abs. Thanks Rick

None at all, but it doesn't block the digital tech at the dealer like TTS does.

And you're welcome!

Hossamania

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 29, 2019, 04:38:15 PM

And you're welcome!

Now that made me laugh!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Nooter99

Ok, plan has been revised, based on the expertise of the HTT community.

Thunderheader (a little surprised I didn't get more grief on that)
Power Vision tuner
SE air cleaner or V&H V02 Naked Air

I'm gonna guess there's no real difference between the 2 air cleaners. Am I right about that?
Better to die a million dollars in debt, than with a million in the bank!

rredneckn2

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 29, 2019, 04:38:15 PM

And you're welcome!
I have to send 2 ecms out to because of tts lock so I know what your saying. That's to Jamie at FM never a charge. That's service after the sale for sure!!
If you don't like what I say DONT read it