May 02, 2024, 04:27:19 AM

News:

12 apes on a 14 Limited. Any tips?

Started by guesscrazy, August 21, 2019, 11:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesscrazy

Going to put WO577 Chubbies on my 14 limited. What oversize length on clutch and brake hoses. Anyone got this combo?
2014 Ultra Limited. 124 S&S kit , V&H Powerduals .Reinharts and alot or other do

Lone Ranger

You should be able to re-route things and use your original brake and clutch hoses. I put 13" on my 2014 Limited and only had to get the wiring extensions. There are several You Tube videos to help walk you through the change.

Lone Ranger

lilchief

I put WO 12" bars on my 2015 RG (I think the same model bars you are  talking about, but without the curve to clear the fairing). All of the stock cables and wires worked, but some of the wires were a bit tight for my liking so I used NAMZ 4" extensions. Different bikes I know, so YMMV.

Lil Chief

Rusticwater

The book HERE might be useful. Compare the dimensions of the Chubbies with something similar to a Harley offering, and see what the book says for cable and wiring suggestions.
Support the Maine lobster industry

Leed

boggart

Had the exact same bars on my 14 ultra.  You don't need longer clutch or brake lines.  You may want to change their positioning in the harness on the right side of the frame at the neck.  You will be happier if you get a set of wire extensions though.  Can be done without the, but much easier and you don't have to move any of the factory wiring if you get them.