April 18, 2024, 12:07:39 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2wheeltunes (2006)

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, May 28, 2019, 08:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

My friend has a 2wheelstune set up which was purchased and installed back in 2006.

An amp, 2 2" chrome handle bar mount speakers and a rotary disk volume control mounted to the handle bar.

Late last year and so far this year the left channel goes out and stays out and randomly comes on once in a while.

I have yet to look to deep into it so I thought I would reach out to see what the experts may have to say.

I did take the rotary volume control off and apart. It is a small PCB with a very simple round disk attached to the PCB which rotates. Three wires attach to PCB on each end.
Red, White and shield. Both sides of PCB.

Not sure what those wire are for and where then come from or go to but I assume they go to the amp.

That is all I have so far.

A schematic or wiring diagram would be great.

If anyone knows a bit more on how the system is wired, what may be causing the loss of the left channel and/or where to look for what.

Would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack
Member since 2004

Hossamania

My guess would be damage from long term vibration in the unit itself, a cracked board, loose solder joint, or one of the drivers has failed. Is it possible to switch the speakers to rule them out?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Rockout Rocker Products

Their website redirects to here... https://www.steelhorseaudio.com/

Might give them a shout  :beer:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Yes I also found that redirect. Issue is the components they sell are no longer 2wheeltunes.
That volume control pcb has the name 2wheeltunes printed on it. So at that time they had the accessories made and branded for them. or so it would appear. Stereos have come a long way......
Member since 2004