April 27, 2024, 05:45:45 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2006 FXDWGI

Started by 96 dyna low rider, June 01, 2019, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

96 dyna low rider

2006 wide glide fuel injected, has a MAP sensor code. Changed sensor and code keeps coming up after its cleared. So I checked too see if there is an intake manifold leak, no leak. Bike has very bad throttle acceleration, I checked the battery and it was shot, I changed that. its acting like it has bad gas but there is non ethanol fuel in it. TPS maybe? Maybe someone has an idea or can send me in a direction to fix this bike, the guy is going nuts and wants too ride.  Thanks in advance.

Ohio HD

Check the wiring to the MAP sensor. I've seen them have breaks in them under the insulation, and at the connector. Oddly enough on two different 2006 Electra Glides.

96 dyna low rider

That's the second time I heard that, guess im gonna have to take my patients pill. wiring blows. 

Hilly13

My 06fxdwgi started to have wiring faults in that area, wires broken just behind the plugs inside the insulation, intermittently causing issues, also loose pin to socket contact's, fiddly stuff, I feel your pain.
Just because its said don't make it so

96 dyna low rider

yeah, I hear ya.  I guess ill just take the time and go through it.  Thanks a bunch. 

96 dyna low rider

ok guys, thanks. I found the broken wire and fixed that. Now, what the hell would make the fuel pump stop working. I ran but ran terrible before I fixed the wire to the map sensor. I went to start it after I got it all back together and didn't hear the fuel pump. Took it all back apart and rechecked everything to make sure I didn't miss something. Nope all plugs are back in place no wires pinched, I thought maybe when I lifted the tank up (cant get my fat fingers in there to unplug the map sensor) I might have pinched a wire.  Any ideas? Thanks  for any input.

Hilly13

96 dyna low rider

Nope, Im really at a loss here.  I was thinking maybe the kill switch, but that isn't it either.   

chaos901

Maybe a bad ground.  Not sure where the fuel pump get it's ground, wiring diagram should indicate. 

Need to know the sequence of events that "triggers" the fuel pump to start.  Such as IGN --> RUN SWITCH --> etc, etc.   
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

PoorUB

Any time you power up the motorcycle, turn on the ignition or kill switch the pump will run for a few seconds. also when you crank the engine the ECM will see the engine spinning and power the fuel pump. If the engine is spinning, the pump should be on. It never shuts off while the engine is spinning, or running.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Hilly13

So power both sides of the pump fuse? If so is the pump getting power? If it is, is the earth earthing?

Scotty

Did you take the dash off?
If you did check the connector on top of the tank that you didn't bend a pin.