April 26, 2024, 10:55:57 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rockers....which way?

Started by chaos901, July 15, 2019, 07:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaos901

I've read here previously that it is preferred (once the bolts are in loose) to push the rockers to either the Intake side or the Exhaust side to help relieve some contact. 

My question is which way?
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

kd

That is done to center the pushrods in the tubes (to prevent contact) and the rocker tip on the valve stem.  You can see then when looking down from the top and find the best average before locking down.  This does not work if using Rocker Locker devices.  Those of us that have centered the rocker stands have pinned the shafts as an alternative to the locker sleeves.
KD

No Cents

standing on the cam side of the bike you want to pull the rockers toward you and hold them there while you tighten them down.
  As kd stated...this method isn't done if your using lockers.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

chaos901

OK...so not the direction I was thinking, much appreciated.  I do have rocker lockers installed (or the other brand) so I suppose it does not matter.

Moparnut72

Since you have it apart put Rockouts in and you won't have to worry about it.
kk
If you find yourself in a fair fight,
You didn't prepare properly.

chaos901

QuoteSince you have it apart put Rockouts in and you won't have to worry about it.

It is back together but I installed those (or the other brand) years ago.