April 30, 2024, 12:18:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Are these 103 heads with ACR

Started by thirdjld, July 06, 2019, 09:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirdjld

I found some heads on Craigslist that say they are from a 2012 FLHTK. I have a 2009 FLHT and I'm trying to find heads with ACR's to have worked. The pictures appear to have the hole for the cable but Ronnies says they are part # 17729-08 and 17728-08.  The part #'s I see are 17192-088 and 17193-04A. Thanks
It is not the critic who counts;The credit goes to the man who is in the arena

Durwood

John, those are ACR heads.

What cha building?

thirdjld

Dreaming of getting with you on either a 110 or 117 CR595 or 575. It will depend on the crank runout (that I haven't measured yet). Found these heads on CL for $200, figure it's a start. Wanting to make it a sleeper with no tell tale buttons.
Thanks, John

FSG

remember that numbers on heads are Casting Numbers NOT Part Numbers

thirdjld

Ohio HD

I'd ask for photos of the front head, viewing the exhaust port to make sure there is a front engine mount boss there. Also ask to see the combustion chambers. They could even be 110 heads with a bigger chamber than you may want. 110 heads would also have badges. 

rigidthumper

110 heads wouldn't have those valve springs
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Don D

These are 103 heads just may not have been off a touring with the front motor mount holes. A quick look will tell the story as explained by Ohio HD. If you need the holes drilled I can handle that job.

Ohio HD

Quote from: rigidthumper on July 07, 2019, 07:03:59 AM
110 heads wouldn't have those valve springs

Good eye, I looked right at them and it didn't register.