April 19, 2024, 06:56:47 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

tssm tc88 or not

Started by chas, July 05, 2019, 06:03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas

Hi- I'm thinking of getting my security feature on my 03 ultra to work! After doing some research I'm not sure my bike is a tssm model, so my question is how do i find out if it is security able? Thanks in advance

FSG

check to see what's fitted

68920-01D   MODULE, turn signal canceller

or

68922-00D   MODULE, security system

chas

Thanks FSG! I do have the security module!

Breeze

The photo makes me wonder; is the same module used for all Harleys, and the colored tab/country abbreviation is what the digital tech menu should be set on? Or do the colored tabs reflect something else?   :nix:
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

chas

I checked my numbers and they are 68922-00B! so would that be a security module cause the reason I ask is they are different from what the pics show

FSG

SECURITY SYSTEM MODULE   :up:   the A, B, C, D, etc is the revision

Scotty

Quote from: Breeze on July 06, 2019, 04:08:39 AM
The photo makes me wonder; is the same module used for all Harleys, and the colored tab/country abbreviation is what the digital tech menu should be set on? Or do the colored tabs reflect something else?   :nix:

Besides having different versions of the module for different models the colored stickers just gives you a visual on where it is used and features.
Back then the AU one set itself on after they bike was turned off and you could not turn that off whereas the JPN CAN DOM one did not do that or you could turn that feature off.
That is why some dealers here preferred the DOM version and HD allowed them to order them in.

rigidthumper

You will also need to obtain 1, #68926-00 (or 2, one can be programmed as primary, the second as a backup) remote fob.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

chas

Hi again- I recently purchased a re placement tssm for my 03 ultra. I was successful in programming it, but had a hard time assigning the fob! I put in new battery, so i know thats good. Does anyone have the sequence for my bike? I tried one from you tube and didnt seem to want to work. Maybe fob is not good! Thanks in advance Chas

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Quote from: chas on August 18, 2019, 12:09:12 PM
Hi again- I recently purchased a re placement tssm for my 03 ultra. I was successful in programming it, but had a hard time assigning the fob! I put in new battery, so i know thats good. Does anyone have the sequence for my bike? I tried one from you tube and didnt seem to want to work. Maybe fob is not good! Thanks in advance Chas
Tom