April 19, 2024, 11:29:02 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

HD's detachable saddlebags and passenger footboards.

Started by NCHeritage07, July 06, 2019, 07:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCHeritage07

The description says that these are incompatible.  Just looking for a reason that they can't be made to work together.  Has anyone tried making the two co-exist?  It looks like the lower bracket is the only place for a problem and, since its not an attractive area anyway, it seems like something could be cobbled together.

I would actually be OK with the swap to passenger pegs but the belly-aching from my passengers would be unbearable.
On the days that I hold my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have pretty good days.  -RWH

rigidthumper

The lower front bag docking point fits between the peg mount and the frame- this space is taken up by the floor board mounts.
#3 seen here

#9 and   here
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

NCHeritage07

Looks like an obstacle that can be conquered without too much pain.  Worst case, I may find out just how long the belly-aching lasts.  The rear boards are a bit cumbersome anyway, IMO.
On the days that I hold my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have pretty good days.  -RWH

aogmitch

July 21, 2019, 08:20:07 AM #3 Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 08:29:25 AM by aogmitch
Have both on mine. Harley says it isn't compatible, but works just fine.

NCHeritage07

I never pulled the trigger on this and I am back to considering it.  Do any of you have the detachable bags WITH detachable sissybar?  Would love to see some pics and opinions of how solid everything mounts.

Rusticwater

My Dyna has another set of docking points for the saddlebags outboard of the ones for the detachable sissybar. The sissybar uses 2 docking points per side, the saddlebag uses 3.

[attach=0]
[attach=1]
[attach=2]

You can download the installation instructions from the Harley SIP for diagrams.
Support the Maine lobster industry