May 02, 2024, 04:49:38 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Changing slip on's

Started by genzer, August 06, 2019, 12:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genzer

Will just changing slip on's affect the tune?

lilchief

Generally speaking, it'll be fine.  Usually if the air cleaner and pipes/mufflers are changed together then it would probably affect it.

Lil Chief

Hossamania

I think it depends on which slip-ons you're using.
Personally, I would want to at least do a canned tune.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Ohio HD

You generally loose a bit of low end torque if the back pressure is significantly less.

genzer

Going back to my Rinehart slimline duels, taking off t.a.b. performance bam sticks

Hossamania

Need some more info to give a good answer. Stock bike? Any other mods? Was the bike tuned for the TABs? Or for the Rineharts? Or at all?

genzer

Hoss,bike was dyno tuned with the t.a.b.s  rg. 16 heads, cams ,ac, and pipes, gonna go 2 into 1 this winter. Bike runs really well just those pipes are really loud! :speaker:

Hossamania

With that kind of work going on, I would want to know where the afr is at least. Those pipes are a pretty big change from the tabs.
Or, just go straight to the 2/1, and tune it.

genzer

Hoss, can't answer that, I have a flash drive from the tuner but can't open it. Dunno jet won't download the program to my laptop. :idunno:

Hossamania

Talk with your tuner, I'm sure he can help you out.

genzer

Problem being he says anything I change even if just different baffles needs to be re dynoed  :idunno: if so I'll just wait till winter and make the rest of my upgrades. P.s. when I spoke with Durwood he said take the tabs off and put the Rineharts back on, your losing torque, Just want to make sure It'll still run decent till the upgrades and not have to spend $$ for another dyno

Hossamania

You should really spend money on another Dyno tune.

lilchief

In my first post in this thread, I was assuming you were referring to a stock motor. I'd follow the instructions of all the other guys since you've got a hopped up motor.

Lil Chief

bobrk1

Had a  couple  of  my bikes  tuned  and  the  dyno  guy  told  me  that  the  pipes  make  a  bigger  difference  than the  air cleaner , a motor  is a  air pump  and  has tuned  lots  of  bikes  and  knows his  stuff  I  saw  a  big  difference  in mine before  and  after  the  tune