May 03, 2024, 02:27:14 AM

News:

hard shifting

Started by roadking57, July 14, 2019, 03:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadking57

Hey All,
i have a 2008 roadking in mint condition that i have enjoyed for the last 2 years..in spite of all the codes it throws at me i have had no mechanical issues with it. I changed out all fluids when i got it and used bel-ray gearsaver 85w-140 in the trans as the shifter seemed to slam into each gear once the bike heated up..this seemed to help a great deal but now its doing it again after about 8k miles.It shifts into each gear no problem but it slams into each gear hard..no clutch problems..anyone else have this issue?? Thanks !! :scratch:

Armin

July 15, 2019, 01:59:54 AM #1 Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:37:10 AM by Armin
If your clutch is cable operated it takes a very precise clutch adjustment to avoid hard shifting. Go by the shop manual to adjust. Changing the primary oil might help to separate the clutch discs, I've been using ATF in the primary for years and that helps too.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

chaos901

Likely the clutch adjustment as mentioned, which is free to correct so always the best place to start.  When you put in the primary fluid, don't fill above the bottom of the diaphragm spring when the bike is sitting level.

You may want to look into all those codes the bike is throwing, not for this, just in general. 
"There are only two truly infinite things, the universe and stupidity." AE

doctorevil

If clutch adjustment does not help pop the cover. Use a inspection mirror and take a look at the forks and dogs for wear.

roadking57

The clutch adjustment worked perfectly...
Thank for the help !!!