May 05, 2024, 09:42:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Progressive fork cartridge

Started by bobrk1, August 21, 2019, 03:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrk1

Put  progressive  cartridge  in my 2012 forks  better  than  stock  but  not  as good  as  my brothers  is, his  floats over  bumps. Took  out  a  spacer  still  not  as  good , anyone  else  run into  this  did you  get  it  to  ride  better  what  did  you  do ?

klammer76

Quote from: bobrk1 on August 21, 2019, 03:42:01 PM
Put  progressive  cartridge  in my 2012 forks  better  than  stock  but  not  as good  as  my brothers  is, his  floats over  bumps. Took  out  a  spacer  still  not  as  good , anyone  else  run into  this  did you  get  it  to  ride  better  what  did  you  do ?
I have had them in my 2002 FLH for approx 7 years. I really don't like them, harsh on the roads here in upstate NY. I started with two spacers (I weigh 205-215). Changed to one, slightly better but still harsh. Used different wt oil also, no difference. I have taken some really hard hits over the years on these roads, mostly where bridges connect to the roadway but one severe one this year. My forks have developed a clunk now so it's time for something else. I have been looking at and asking questions about Legends AXEO cartridges. I'm leary of them as I don't want to get into another progressive situation (though I have been told they are better than the progressives by those that have had both). Also considering a Race Tech set up recommended by 04Deuce & the Pro Action front suspension. I have Ohlins on the rear and when the rear works well it really shows how bad the front is.

I will say, when riding out west they seem to be better on the smoother roads of South Dakota. Friend has them and likes them (Progressive) but he weighs 300+.

Just my results with them.Many here seem to like them.

wolf_59

Tried them for 6 months absolutely the worst investment I've made extremely harsh ride put in progressive springs way better than stock no where near as harsh as the cartridges
Cartridges are on the shelf until I find a better use for them maybe boat anchor