April 19, 2024, 03:03:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

High VE at the rear cylinder, PV TT

Started by TJAH, August 02, 2019, 05:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJAH

I'm trying to help a friend to get his tune right.

2012 CVO 110 RG
PV TT, Kury PowerCell with FullSac 2.0 cores, stock 255 cam.

Bike runs fine and the AT seems to work ok.
He checked for exhaust and intake leaks and found none.

How ever the rear VE's are high, hitting the max 127.5 limit. We've been sticking to capping the values to limit ridiculously high engine ci.

I was going to try to use the CDE tables to lower the VE's before increasing the ci.
There were a couple of contradicting posts, as to which way to adjust the CDE values in order to lower the VE's.
Lower the CDE to get a lower VE ?

MLV plots seem ok to me and the injectors have about the same running times.

Any other ideas for the next step ?

log0009csv
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtS8BQGOfU4TrYJ0CoRkQCZxfMV0cg?e=8kSnL2

This is  Joe's post how to do it, an other post had it the opposite way.

Quote from: joe_lyons on September 17, 2016, 05:35:01 AM
"When adjusting the EGR table/s it will vary from bike to bike, build to build. As a general rule of thumb if you want to reduce the VE values in the lower RPM range (~0 - 2000) you would double the amount you want to drop in the EGR table. So if you wanted to drop the VE by 10% you would drop the EGR table 20%. In the mid RPM range (~2000 - 4000) it changes to triple, 10% VE needs 30% EGR change. In higher RPM areas it takes even more, 10% VE needs 40% EGR change."

I use this now and it works ok.

hdmanillac

You should choose scale and see which engine displacement value the motor need.

2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

TJAH

August 04, 2019, 04:22:09 AM #2 Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:26:27 AM by TJAH
 :up:
I've asked for a scaled version of the AT-run.
Let's see, how big it want's to go.

The front VE's are more inside the "normal" range.
I'm afraid that just blindly using the "Scale" would make the tune very lopsided.

While waiting for the tune, could someone confirm that decreasing the CDE causes a drop in the VE ?

rigidthumper

August 04, 2019, 04:48:29 AM #3 Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:54:01 AM by rigidthumper
"While waiting for the tune, could someone confirm that decreasing the CDE causes a drop in the VE ?"
Yes, designed to address the affect of overlap,  at low RPM/KPA. on the incoming air in the intake tract.  Effectiveness of the table tapers towards nil as you approach 60 KPA.

BTW, I've seen some combos (pipes/injectors/AC/etc) that will show a 20-25 point delta front to rear.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Ohio HD

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 04, 2019, 04:48:29 AM
"While waiting for the tune, could someone confirm that decreasing the CDE causes a drop in the VE ?"
Yes, designed to address the affect of overlap,  at low RPM/KPA. on the incoming air in the intake tract.  Effectiveness of the table tapers towards nil as you approach 60 KPA.

BTW, I've seen some combos (pipes/injectors/AC/etc) that will show a 20-25 point delta front to rear.

:up: