March 28, 2024, 09:13:22 AM

News:

S&S heads compatible

Started by Ironheadmike, March 23, 2023, 10:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironheadmike

Can I use a set of S&S heads with a set of Revolution bolt on cylinders with domed pistons?

fbn ent

'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

SP33DY

It depends. S&S made stock bolt pattern heads for engines running flat top pistons, stock bolt pattern heads for engines that only work with special S&S pistons, and "S&S only" bolt pattern heads.

Ironheadmike

Thank you. For your input . I was hoping to use dome pistons to get the compression up on the 76cc heads .

SP33DY

Quote from: Ironheadmike on March 23, 2023, 08:00:40 PMThank you. For your input . I was hoping to use dome pistons to get the compression up on the 76cc heads .

S&S recommends using flat top pistons with the 76cc heads. That would net 8.8:1 compression ratio on an 80" Evo. Your next option would be milling the heads if you want a higher compression ratio.

turboprop

Whole bunch of partial answers here. S&S offers three different heads for use on evo engines with the Harley Evo cylinder stud pattern. One of them requires a proprietary piston with a raised perimeter. The other two have a somewhat bathtub shape to them, one of them has a smaller chamber and one has a larger chamber.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Ironheadmike

I think I'm better off getting my heads worked .I just spitballing ideas . Thanks everybody .