March 28, 2024, 09:15:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

CV40 Carb rebuild – 2 quick questions

Started by GeoRocket, April 05, 2023, 07:43:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fugawee

Good Man!  Congratulations, I'm glad that it all worked out for the Best for You.  :up:

nibroc

thanks for the update----glad it's running good

Fugawee

George, just to hopefully eliminate any confusion as to the Air Mix Screw.
It should be re-installed in this Order...

1=On the Air Mix Screw, place the Spring.
2=Now place the Small Brass Washer.
3=Now place on the Small "O"-Ring.
4=Re-install the Air Mix Screw in the Tower.  Adjust accordingly.

The "O"-Ring should be the 1st piece going in the Orifice to make a Seal.
Not the Brass Washer.
The "O"-Ring should be the Last Piece installed on the Screw, and the 1st going back into the Carb, followed by the rest.

I have about 6 CV Carbs sitting on a Shelf here...that I just checked, and that is the Order of all the pieces, on All of them.
Unless My eyes are playing tricks on Me...which wouldn't be the first time, I think that I read that Your Brass Washer was the last piece installed, and the 1st piece going back in.
If that is correct...it may explain why You have and had a "Cough".
The "O"-Ring is not sealing correctly.
And none of them had any type of Thread Sealant or anything else.  All Clean Threads.

The Service and Parts Manuals won't show it...because HD didn't want You to know about it.

Ohio HD

As Fugawee said, and is shown here in order.

Fugawee

Thanks Ohio...makes it a lot easier with a picture that is worth a thousand words.

Ohio HD

His probably looks like this. I first posted the screw from CV Performance.

Fugawee

April 24, 2023, 06:40:30 PM #31 Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 06:50:37 PM by Fugawee
Your probably correct.  Seeing that His still had the Plug in it.
All the ones that I had here to double-check the correct order were all Slotted Brass Screws.
Not Knurled., or He would have had access to it a long time ago.
I know a Few that had their Evo's worked on at an HD Dealer and their Carbs were re-jetted due to New Pipes and an Ignition System.
They got the Bike back with the Plug in it, after the Dealer tweaking the Carb and told them that they had to adjust the Air Mix.
Either way...it's the correct order .