April 16, 2024, 01:12:18 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Yet another oil pump change

Started by joe_lyons, August 21, 2019, 06:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

FSG

TT466 UPDATED OIL PUMP FOR MILWAUKEE-EIGHT ENGINES

hd06

That's great before too long these m8 will be bulletproof.

FloridaJim5

Can this pump be used on all M8's or just 2020? 

BigT

scotman623

I'm just having the SS pump installed on my 19 CVO RG when I have the 128 big bore kit installed next week... Finally H-D is building a better pump to start helping with all the sumping issues, hopefully it works..
Always look forward...

Jaycee1964

I guess I have been blessed.  2018 RGU with over 15K on it in 11 months.  Never had any issues with sumping..  Now I went and Jink'd myself.
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

HV

So......we sold a 2019 Trike.....less then 1000 KM on it this week....yup.....you guessed it...Buddy pulls over...low on power.....heating up bad.....we pick it up....oil smells like its burnt....8+OZ out of the crank sensor hole....AND .....no oil in the Tranny....yup its in the Primary..... :banghead:    :emoGroan:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Ohio HD

Ah well, 2021 is just around the corner....       :potstir:

VDeuce

Quote from: HV on August 28, 2019, 05:14:19 PM
So......we sold a 2019 Trike.....less then 1000 KM on it this week....yup.....you guessed it...Buddy pulls over...low on power.....heating up bad.....we pick it up....oil smells like its burnt....8+OZ out of the crank sensor hole....AND .....no oil in the Tranny....yup its in the Primary..... :banghead:    :emoGroan:
Latest, latest, latest,,,,latest pump? lol
Primary vent?

HV

Update.....we found the Sumping reason.....rear piston jet loose....you could wiggle it up and down with ease .... :emoGroan:   primary had no vent ....does now....
Skype HV.HTT

Hossamania

So with all the updates and awareness of the known issues, they still have not updated that part/design, and the process of assembly? Is it just too much work for them to try and solve all the problems at one time?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

14GuineaPig

Quote from: Hossamania on August 30, 2019, 05:40:52 AM
So with all the updates and awareness of the known issues, they still have not updated that part/design, and the process of assembly? Is it just too much work for them to try and solve all the problems at one time?

So once again the sumping problem occurs, caused by a known assembly problem or defect.  Any damage to the engine?  Will HD authorize a complete inspection of the engine or just say put it back together and it should make it to the end of the warranty period.  Will it get the latest & greatest oil pump?  And this is why I think I'll keep my Twin Cam.

HV

Complete tear down and inspection.....new updated pump will be installed as well as Vent for Primary
Skype HV.HTT

14GuineaPig

Well that's good news.  Glad HD stepped up and is taking care of the customer.

VDeuce

HV, when you guys handle the oilers, do you replace the gaskets with Cometics?

HV

No have to use HD parts ....I wish they had O Rings like the Twin Cams ....never an issue with them
Skype HV.HTT

les

Quote from: HV on August 30, 2019, 05:29:30 AM
Update.....we found the Sumping reason.....rear piston jet loose....you could wiggle it up and down with ease .... :emoGroan:   primary had no vent ....does now....

I was really hoping that I'd see in the 2020 tech forum documentation that they addressed the piston jet issue.  So, what are we supposed to do?  Buy a new bike, take it home, and immediately tear down the engine to fix the jets?  The thought of internal hemorrhaging in the engine makes my skin crawl. 

rbabos

Pretty sure after what like 4 revised pumps the pump was never the issue. More like extreme internal leakages for whatever reason, overpowering the scavenge side.
Ron

PoorUB

Ron, when are you guys gonna come up with a fix for everything so HD can steal it. Between the bean counters and underpaid engineers they are never get this M8 straightened up! :hyst:
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

HV

You dont want to know how many bikes found sumping had loose piston jets ............ :doh:
Skype HV.HTT

Prostock

Anyone have the cometic part number.  Have a 17 in the shop for sumping and transfer.

Txwezl

road-dawgs1

Twin-cooled oil pump kit 62400248 comes with 62400055 Gerotor Assy and 62400242 Oil Pump Assy and 62400245 Cover w/Seal.

Air cooled oil pump kit 62400247 contains 62400126 gerotor assy and 62400238 oil pump assy and 62400245 cover w/seal
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

VDeuce

You guys using loctite on the piston oiler screws? I used blue when I did mine.