April 18, 2024, 06:20:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Blending VE tables

Started by Harley Pilot, August 22, 2019, 07:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harley Pilot

Can anyone offer any advice on blending my VE tables on a TPS based map?
Thanks,
Porky.

rigidthumper

Data runs measure the results of current settings, and those tables are then modified to achieve desired results. If the VE tables are calibrated properly, they will contain the correct values to achieve the requested AFR. "Blending" or "smoothing" simply pulls/pushes the VE tables slightly out of calibration. The data in the VE table is supposed to be a calibration of the data required to meet a specific AFR @ a specific load/RPM, and it's more important to be accurate than pretty.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Harley Pilot

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 23, 2019, 06:40:54 AM
Data runs measure the results of current settings, and those tables are then modified to achieve desired results. If the VE tables are calibrated properly, they will contain the correct values to achieve the requested AFR. "Blending" or "smoothing" simply pulls/pushes the VE tables slightly out of calibration. The data in the VE table is supposed to be a calibration of the data required to meet a specific AFR @ a specific load/RPM, and it's more important to be accurate than pretty.
Thank you.

wolf_59

Only thing I change is the cells that I can't reach then I take the first (lowest RPM) good cell value for each TPS and extend that all the way up, then I take the last (highest rpm) good cell value and for each TPS and extend that value all the way down

rbabos

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 23, 2019, 06:40:54 AM
You might be correct. The odd time I've tried smoothing and blending but no longer for my bike. Seems to run better from actual data then blends. Some cells look spastic but it works just fine. Repeated data runs reproduce the same spastic ve's in the same areas, so I learned to leave them alone.
Ron

Hilly13

If I do a first run and the VE changes are big I will manually adjust the surrounding cells or use the smoothing function to lift or lower them as a time saver, from then I just let the program have its way unless something simply can't be right, then you got to fix the mechanical issue before continuing, once your into it just give it what it wants as said above, Jason once sent me a VE table he did on the dyno that defied belief, some combo's produce odd looking graphs.
Just because its said don't make it so

Harley Pilot