May 07, 2024, 05:17:31 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Clutch

Started by Ketch, September 24, 2019, 04:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketch

When going 110" with aprox 125 to 130 tq. what will be the easiest clutch pull upgrade? I have arthritic hands and don't really want the lever to pull any harder than stock.

Nastytls

Probably a stock clutch with an variable pressure plate like an AIM.

Thermodyne

Non of them are going to be easy, and hold that much torque. 

More plate surface area helps, as it requires less spring pressure to hold.  And coil springs are more tunable than Belleville springs.

itsafatboy

bandit clutch and then add 
Muller Motorcycle
Power Clutch - 67-010-0 and a Teflon clutch cable ,

this will pull easy and hold all the power you want ,

tc1550

I have a rivera primo pro easy as stock

dheath9994

Im making 128ft/lbs of torque i have stock clutch with the barnett heavy duty spring and a AIM VPC68LT this model reduces lever pull by 40%. My clutch is easier to pull than my friends clutch thag has just a screaming eagle spring and had no slipping on the dyno. Never feel it slip on the road either

dheath9994

Id also look into doing a barnett billet clutch basket. Stock cast baskets dont hold up well with this much power

SB107

Barnett +1 plate kit, heavy duty clutch spring, aim vpc lockup holds 150tq in my dads 124" road glide

If you want an easier pull maybe do a hydraulic conversion
Mutant Motors 124"
161/148 STD, 158/145 SAE

dheath9994

Quote from: SB107 on September 25, 2019, 06:29:18 AM
Barnett +1 plate kit, heavy duty clutch spring, aim vpc lockup holds 150tq in my dads 124" road glide

If you want an easier pull maybe do a hydraulic conversion

Aim makes mamy different VPCs the 68 model reduces the pull effort the most but the trade off is it increases the power the clutch can handle the least amount. Like i said tho it handles my 110 no problems. Thats good tp hear about your dad tho im adding a turbo to my build and gunna do a barnett +1 plate, barnett HD spring and swap out my 68 for the Aim 84. Hope it handles the power