March 29, 2024, 12:55:44 AM

News:

2:1 exhaust good power and clearance

Started by Johnwesley, September 02, 2019, 02:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

-83 GS1000G | -84 GSX1100EF | -97 FLHR | -98 FLSTS | -16 Triumph Tiger Explorer XRT 1200

Deye76

Quote from: calgary56 on November 10, 2019, 04:46:09 PM
Find out what this guy is running .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMVLxQ53Vgw

In this video, and the one Poor linked you can hear them scraping the pipes. And both bikes don't have saddlebags, = low exit pipes with bags. Thanks for proving my point. Oh and in those video's neither one is "smelling the roses" LOL. :wink:
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Johnwesley

Quote from: Deye76 on November 10, 2019, 04:29:14 PM
I have 2" + tubes (standard OE) on my FXRP, even on the banked switchbacks feel like I'm going tip over LOL. Any HD will not be better than a sport bike, in capable hands in negotiating tight angles. Get a pipe you like, ride your bike within it's limitations and have fun. Or, switch bikes. Best wishes.

This thread has really turned, I'm not trying to build a sport bike just talking pipes with decent clearance. I've run sport bikes for years and this ain't no sportbike, nor will it be. Look at this beast. Big fairing with lowers metal bags, comfortable handle bars, and big metal crash bars. Never going to be a sportbike.where I live a sport bike rolls up in the curves and I let him by to go enjoy the road.

:hug:
05 FXD superglide,98",10.6,S&S585, HPI 55/58,
WFO Larry's cnc2+, supermeg,120hp

Deye76

Wasn't trying appear negative, just that it can be difficult to find a pipe that has clearance and makes decent power. On this bike I've scraped the pipe often, without much effort. But like the sound and power so I endure.  :hug:

Deye76

This one has the Bassani Road Rage plenty of clearance.

Johnwesley

Quote from: Deye76 on November 11, 2019, 06:46:17 AM
Wasn't trying appear negative, just that it can be difficult to find a pipe that has clearance and makes decent power. On this bike I've scraped the pipe often, without much effort. But like the sound and power so I endure.  :hug:

Yeah, I really like this pipe too, I probably should have sent with the road rage. I didn't notice how far this one hung down. It was shaped like the RR so, I ass/u/med it would be close to the same. Now looking at them one can see, by looking at the tranny, how much lower this one is. I may just run it till it has a hole. I did modify it some to gain extra clearance we'll see how it goes. Rub a hole in this one, then throw the rr back on rub that one through and it should be time for another motor build  :chop: 

Then I guess I can make a better choice, or maybe a used one will pop up. I really like the stainless and the gold color it turns. Plus this pipe has a nice sound to it.  :baby:

05 FXD superglide,98",10.6,S&S585, HPI 55/58,
WFO Larry's cnc2+, supermeg,120hp

Carl 1969

Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired

Marty33

Please check out the RB Racing website. You will get a PHD in Harley exhaust.