Tried and True SE Heavy Breather external breather modification.

Started by 838, September 03, 2019, 02:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Johnwesley

Quote from: Thermodyne on September 04, 2019, 03:48:05 PM
I don't drill the holes out for threaded nipples any more.

I just drill them to take a 1/4 inch barb fitting and drive it in with some epoxy on it.  The fitting 1s a little union Home Depot sells to join 1/4 plastic tube.  I just cut all but one barb off the end going in the hole.  Works like a champ and way cheaper than threaded hose nipples.

I also like to use clear tube and route the rear over the top, so I can look down and see what its passing. 

And the OP mentioned drilling the support plates to 1/8th inch.  I get better results at 3/16 with a deep chamfer. 

Decided to use your interference fit idea and it's working well. A little epoxy for reassurance.

05 FXD superglide,98",10.6,S&S585, HPI 55/58,
WFO Larry's cnc2+, supermeg,120hp

Coyote

98fxstc

Quote from: Thermodyne on September 04, 2019, 03:48:05 PM
I don't drill the holes out for threaded nipples any more.

I just drill them to take a 1/4 inch barb fitting and drive it in with some epoxy on it.  The fitting 1s a little union Home Depot sells to join 1/4 plastic tube.  I just cut all but one barb off the end going in the hole.  Works like a champ and way cheaper than threaded hose nipples.

I also like to use clear tube and route the rear over the top, so I can look down and see what its passing. 

And the OP mentioned drilling the support plates to 1/8th inch.  I get better results at 3/16 with a deep chamfer. 

Good idea to use clear if routing over the top to see what is not passing