April 16, 2024, 06:30:52 AM

News:

TTS: Spark Throttle Correction

Started by jjdalynh, September 06, 2019, 04:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjdalynh

Poking around with some different tables (127 calibration), and i'm looking into the Spark Throttle Correction....  Seems like the intent for tuning it is to (as the comments indicate, copy the 95kpa spark advance to the 100kpa spark column first.  Then at the TPS where you reach Baro for a given rpm, rather than adjusting the main spark table for 100kpa, do the spark tuning here instead. 

For example, if I reach (for the sake of simplicity) 100kpa as Baro for 2250 rpm at 45 TPS and I get some pinging that spark correction says should be -.25, I would instead of changing the main spark table, I would adjust here.  The I would do another run and (presuming no pinging at 45kpa anymore) and adjust again at 50kpa (again with the presumption that some spark retard is present) in this table.  Rinse, repeat which some spark adjust is indicated. 
Is this another item that can be determined in Vtune (ala Spark temp correction) or is this more of a tuner-determined setting?

Seems like this table should start with all 0s.  Spark adjustment should already have been made out to 95kpa for all TPS, copy those 95kpa values to 100kpa and then adjust the front/rear throttle spark correction tables as above. 

Sound right?