March 28, 2024, 11:40:08 AM

News:

GTS CVO Software Updates

Started by wrenchspinner3, September 08, 2019, 06:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrenchspinner3

Does anyone know if the CVO GTS software updates are different than the GTS updates? I tried following the instructions step by step to update my CVO StreetGlide with the only current update offered(that I can find), but it is labelled GTS and not GTS(CVO). The update wouldn't even start up, just the initial message that says no media files, which you are just supposed to just bypass as per the instructions, but then nothing after that. The lower right 'wing' on my map display is set to display speed limits, but it's in 'MPH', rather than 'KM's. I do have the 'units' setting at 'metric', but it doesn't seem to change the 'wing's' display, but does display 'km's' for everything else. I was hoping a software upgrade would address this.

X-Brit

Quote from: wrenchspinner3 on September 08, 2019, 06:23:17 AM
Does anyone know if the CVO GTS software updates are different than the GTS updates? I tried following the instructions step by step to update my CVO StreetGlide with the only current update offered(that I can find), but it is labelled GTS and not GTS(CVO). The update wouldn't even start up, just the initial message that says no media files, which you are just supposed to just bypass as per the instructions, but then nothing after that. The lower right 'wing' on my map display is set to display speed limits, but it's in 'MPH', rather than 'KM's. I do have the 'units' setting at 'metric', but it doesn't seem to change the 'wing's' display, but does display 'km's' for everything else. I was hoping a software upgrade would address this.
There is no separate GTS update file for CVOs. Check to see if you already have the latest version installed.

wrenchspinner3

My software on the bike shows as: MY19.18.26.03.
The latest I see on Harley's 'Owners' GTS Software update page is:Version: MY20.19.20.01 | June 21, 2019.
I downloaded the file, unzipped it and created a folder on the USB drive and put all the files in the folder. I then copied the .iso file from the folder and put it outside the folder on the root directory. Put the bike in accessory mode and and plugged in the thumb drive. The 'no media files  found' message came up and I canceled out of this. Then nothing happened.

rigidthumper

Should only be one extracted file on the memory stick you use for the update.
swdl_boombox-GTS_DOM.iso   351.020kb
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

wrenchspinner3

Thanks, this worked perfectly. I just left the full downloaded file on the root directory and the radio extracted what it needed. This is a slightly different procedure than the one described in the Boom GTS Owner's manual(at least as I understood it).
I did loose my CVO splash screen and now have the Bar and Shield splash screen on start-up, but that's no big deal. I'm sure the update fixed other more important issues. It looks like my 'posted speed limits' display in the lower right wing is now in kms when the radio's units is set to metric. Thanks for your help. 

wrenchspinner3

BONUS: The CVO splash screen came back after 1 ignition cycle. All Good!!

rigidthumper

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?