March 28, 2024, 04:19:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

High flow air cleaners for HPI throttle body.

Started by 838, September 09, 2019, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who makes high flow air cleaners that fit for hpi 55/58 (throttle by cable) throttle bodies? 13 dyna specifically.

Barrett

I have a V&H V02 and it matches my HPI 55/58 just right. A smooth transition from TB to the velocity stack inside the breather.

Coff 06

I have the R&R Cycles on mine (HPI 55/58).I had read some good things about their backing plate.
After looking it over that's what sold me.It also comes with external breather vents
                 :wink:         Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Ohio HD

turboprop

Quote from: 838 on September 09, 2019, 03:00:21 PM
Who makes high flow air cleaners that fit for hpi 55/58 (throttle by cable) throttle bodies? 13 dyna specifically.

I bet Horse Power Inc has a high-flow air cleaner to fit their throttle body.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

kd

September 09, 2019, 06:25:50 PM #5 Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 09:45:48 PM by kd
When I bought my 62 / 64 HPI it was one of the first 9 built.  Jimmy told me they used the 58 mm S&S stealth backing plate for testing so that's what I went with.  I believe their  bore size is the same as the 58 mm S&S.
KD

turboprop

Someone should really talk with the people at HPI before spewing more old or false information. Good grief. 
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

98fxstc

I have a HPI 55 on my 09 SE FatBob
I used the SE Heavy Breather and did some very minor port matching
very good combo

scott7d

I'm using the Screamin' Eagle Agitator on an HPI 58mm. I had it bored to fit as it was 50mm stock.
Scott Matlock - Bloomington, IN
Iron Butt Rider #72408 - Facebook: The Hoosier Cruiser

kd

Quote from: turboprop on September 09, 2019, 07:18:09 PM
Someone should really talk with the people at HPI before spewing more old or false information. Good grief. 

When I bought my TB they didn't have a 58 mm + size backing plate and had no immediate plan to make one. I would have liked to try their backing plate but you had to use what would fit.  I know you get that.  I bet you do or have done that lots.

When I called HPI and spoke with Jimmy that's exactly what I was told.   The bolt pattern and size matched the 58 mm  S&S.   I have 2 of them and they fit perfect without need to match the throat. .  One I am using and the other to modify later with a bellmouth stack.

Your right, the OP should first talk to HPI but that doesn't mean he can't look for options or the other members here shouldn't share their experiences with the HPI or their throttle bodies when the OP actually asks the question.  Maybe you didn't read the opening post.   :nix:
KD

kd

KD

Coff 06

Quote from: turboprop on September 09, 2019, 06:19:43 PM
Quote from: 838 on September 09, 2019, 03:00:21 PM

I bet Horse Power Inc has a high-flow air cleaner to fit their throttle body.

Yes,they most certainly do. I just personally chose a different direction after looking at what they had to offer.Absolutely nothing wrong with what they have available       Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

So I have on the shelf an old Fuel Moto Ac/dc air cleaner from my 09 TBW FLHX. Fuel Moto sells one plate for stock tbw and one for stock cable operated. Is the only difference between these the size of the opening on the backing plate?  if so, this might fit with a little modification to port match?

I looked at hpi. Didn't know about r&r, I'll look at those too.

Thanks for the info.

Stingray

I recently installed a HPI 58mm T-B. My machinist that did the heads and cylinders bored out my Arleness Big Sucker back plate to match the T-B. It was a perfect match, I just had to get a new gasket which was bought at H-D.

Don D